MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderation System Enhancements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The moderation system is receiving a major overhaul for MyBB 2.0 thanks to a lot of work done by Will. The new system allows plugin developers and integrators to easily add both new and existing moderation tools to their new content types and to add entirely new moderation tools by simply writing a class or implementing a PHP Trait. This makes the moderation system far more flexible than it previously has been.

A few screenshots of this new moderation system are below, showcasing multiple post selection, the new inline modification toolbar that follows your navigation throughout the page and the moving of a topic to another forum.

[Image: 2-0-multi-post-selection.png]

Selecting and managing multiple posts within a topic. Note the post tool bar that is “stuck” to the bottom of the screen. This flows with you as you scroll, giving instant accost the moderator tools.

[Image: 2-0-mutil-topic-selection.png]

The same approach is used when managing topics from the forum view, giving a consistent user interface experience throughout.

[Image: 2-0-move-topic.png]

Moving a topic to another forum. Basic moderation tools such as this one can be utilised without loading another page via the use of modals, greatly improving the experience and efficiency of the moderator tools for staff.
with the new mod tools, can we move posts from 1 thread to another without splitting the thread? right now it's a dreadful process...
I believe so, but Will would know more as he's done most of the moderation system work so far.
Yes, I agree with andrew on this, Also we should have an option of positioning it in the new thread (not shorted by time)
Very nice moderation tool, I very like it! Big Grin Only 2 questions:

- There will still be the delayed moderation? Is there any chance to have the expiration date on the thread? For example when I create a new thread I can put the date "31 August 2015" and in that date the thread will automatically move to another forum or other action.
Or an easy way to implement it on MyBB.

- The new inline modification toolbar will be always shown?

Thanks and thank you Will
Delayed Moderation will remain.
The toolbar only appears once you select a post/topic to moderate via the selection boxes.
(2015-08-22, 08:00 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]with the new mod tools, can we move posts from 1 thread to another without splitting the thread? right now it's a dreadful process...

You'll be able to move posts to an existing thread or to a brand new thread. Does that answer your question? Unsure what you mean by splitting the thread.

(2015-08-25, 02:00 AM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]- There will still be the delayed moderation? Is there any chance to have the expiration date on the thread? For example when I create a new thread I can put the date "31 August 2015" and in that date the thread will automatically move to another forum or other action.
Or an easy way to implement it on MyBB.

As Starpaul said, delayed moderation will remain so things like you describe should be possible.
Thank you Smile
(2015-08-24, 10:55 AM)sanjay303 Wrote: [ -> ]Also we should have an option of positioning it in the new thread (not shorted by time)

I don't know why this would be desirable?
Pages: 1 2 3