MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing font size(s) within the template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, am a Brand Newby to MyBB. Looks great. Looking forward to an active forum.

Am using the standard template/theme (at least for now). I would like to increase the font size within the template. How do I do that? Which file do I need to edit?

TIA,

Swede
Font sizes are controlled by .css. It depends on which type of text you want to change the size of. The standard font size is 13px, I think.
So which text in which template do you want to change.
(2015-08-22, 03:46 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Font sizes are controlled by .css. It depends on which type of text you want to change the size of. The standard font size is 13px, I think.
So which text in which template do you want to change.

Okay. .css I see. I was hoping it could be as easy as is in html. {sigh}. Have very little experience with .css.

In any case I found main.css and increased all the font-sizes by 50% but it made no difference. This is is a sample of the displayed font:

[Image: mybb01.jpg]
It may be I didn't edit the main.css correctly. I'll play with it some more.

Thanks your reply.

Swede
main.css? You mean global.css? Edit it in advanced mode and change font-size to whatever you want.
(2015-08-23, 02:11 AM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]main.css? You mean global.css? Edit it in advanced mode and change font-size to whatever you want.

{Laughing at myself} Okay, edited the wrong file. And a big one too, with lots of "font-size"'s changed. What else is new in my life?  Will give the global.css a go tomorrow.

Thx,

Swede

A little later:

Couldn't find a "global.css" anywhere. Where should I look for it?
In your ACP

Home » Themes » Default* » Editing global.css

Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode

* If you are using default theme
(2015-08-23, 02:58 AM)Swede Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-23, 02:11 AM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]main.css? You mean global.css? Edit it in advanced mode and change font-size to whatever you want.

{Laughing at myself} Okay, edited the wrong file. And a big one too, with lots of "font-size"'s changed. What else is new in my life?  Will give the global.css a go tomorrow.

Thx,

Swede

A little later:

Couldn't find a "global.css" anywhere. Where should I look for it?

ACP => Templates and Style => {Your Theme Name} => Options => Edit Theme => global.css => Edit in Advanced Mode.

And then just change font-family to whatever you want.
(2015-08-23, 03:45 AM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]And then just change font-family to whatever you want.

I found a file - Forum\Upload\install\resources\mybb_theme.xml. I presume that's the one I'm looking for. However I don't know where to find the rest - "=> Options => Edit Theme => global.css => Edit in Advanced Mode.".

Sorry to be such a pita but I am starting from square one. When dealing with me, it's best to assume major ignorance {sigh}. (Assuming a touch of dumb wouldn't hurt either. {grin}

I'll give editing it with a text editor a try.

Thx,

Swede
No!!!
The only editing you should do is through:

AdminCP -> Templates & Styles (Themes) -> Choose your theme -> global.css -> Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode

as already stated by Cookie123
(2015-08-23, 03:01 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]No!!!
The only editing you should do is through:

AdminCP -> Templates & Styles (Themes) -> Choose your theme -> global.css -> Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode

as already stated by Cookie123

Fair enough but there is NO global.css file in my folders, nor is there a folder "Templates & Styles".

I must be missing something fundamental here. {sigh} 

What you guys are describing sounds to me more like an editing program with drop down menus rather than simply files.

Thx,

Swede
Pages: 1 2