MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: post edit history
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I love the idea that the team can see explicitly which content has changed if some user edits a post. Smile

(2015-08-23, 07:58 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]features:
- the ability to turn it on/off
- prune old edit history
- group permissions to allow/deny the ability to view edit history
- option to show how many edits will be shown
- plus I would like to have the possibility to decide in which forums this should be possible.
I run a Gaming Community where that kind of feature is required (So users can edit their threads and fix them without Staff Intervention) The problem i find on 1.8.x is that as we have no History on the changes, we could be talking about something and then the user changes the post so we (Staff) end up looking dumb.

I think this is a "Must Have" feature, regardless of how much it would take to pull it out. (2.0.1-2 perhaps)
(2015-11-20, 04:13 PM)Pwn4Hire Wrote: [ -> ]I run a Gaming Community where that kind of feature is required (So users can edit their threads and fix them without Staff Intervention) The problem i find on 1.8.x is that as we have no History on the changes, we could be talking about something and then the user changes the post so we (Staff) end up looking dumb.

I think this is a "Must Have" feature, regardless of how much it would take to pull it out. (2.0.1-2 perhaps)

indeed, and the edit reason in the current mybb series almost never gets used.
Revisions on posts are nice
I agree this should be added. Would be a useful feature to have for many communities.
so... ?
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!
(2016-08-19, 08:48 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!

excellent!
Maybe an option to only save the edit history of the first post (I mean, when you create a new thread, that post).

I use the plugin for 1.8 but the only function I personally use is applied just to the first post.
Pages: 1 2 3