MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Instalation help needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do you have permission to chmod the files to that level, you may need to ask your host this.
I own the site. Shouldn't I have access? I will contact my host...
Your system is Windows which does not use the CHMOD permission system. Just skip the CHMOD step, it should still work. If your still having problems, contact your host and ask them to give the files the proper permissions than continue on with the installation.
Right but when I get to the step where it goes through the requirement check it messes up because...

Error

The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:

The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The uploads directory (uploads/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

Thats the message I get.
In the case of Windows servers, if you're running IIS (Internet Information Services) you need to make sure the IUSR_ has write access to the files.

To do this you'll need access to the server either physically or via remote desktop,

Right click on the files and go to Properties. Click the Security tab.

If the IUSR_(computer name after this) is not listed then you'll need to click Add and give the user write permissions to those files/folders.
MedusaMan Wrote:That doesn't really help me...its saying how to do it using Linux.

I am using Windows XP. I need to know how to first of all CHmod and second what it means by 666. Does it mean I need to CHmod to a folder I will create called 666?
Hmm, this is a bit confusing for me. Are you saying:
- You are using your computer (running Windows) to host the website.
- You are using your computer (running Windows) to upload to a host running Windows.
- You are using your computer (running Windows) to upload to a host running Linux.
I am running Windows to run my computer and host the website.

That is all lol..
And what are you using to run the website? Apache, IIS or something else.
Chris Boulton Wrote:In the case of Windows servers, if you're running IIS (Internet Information Services) you need to make sure the IUSR_ has write access to the files.

To do this you'll need access to the server either physically or via remote desktop,

Right click on the files and go to Properties. Click the Security tab.

If the IUSR_(computer name after this) is not listed then you'll need to click Add and give the user write permissions to those files/folders.

It doesn't matter which software you use as far as I'm aware, to run your localhost.
I'm using GoDaddy as my hosting service so I may have been incorrect previously.

I have no idea what program I am using to host the site lol....

I'm sorry I am quite the n00b when it comes to website running. So if someone could tell me in simple terms why it is not understanding the CHMOD command?
Pages: 1 2 3