MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Instalation help needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Did you read any of my posts or chris boulton's post?

Tikitiki Wrote:Your system is Windows which does not use the CHMOD permission system. Just skip the CHMOD step, it should still work. If your still having problems, contact your host and ask them to give the files the proper permissions than continue on with the installation.

Chris Boulton Wrote:In the case of Windows servers, if you're running IIS (Internet Information Services) you need to make sure the IUSR_ has write access to the files.

To do this you'll need access to the server either physically or via remote desktop,

Right click on the files and go to Properties. Click the Security tab.

If the IUSR_(computer name after this) is not listed then you'll need to click Add and give the user write permissions to those files/folders.
Well, I use Godaddy, and unless they changed it, you can only use Windows with ASP or Linux with PHP...and if I understand the requirements for this software, you'll need to switch your operating system from Windows to Linux (this is done at the godaddy.com website) before you can install the forum software. That's what I did, and I was able to install with no problems!

If I'm wrong, then please ignore this post! Big Grin
^^ I did all that and it still did not work.

I also do not understand what Chris is saying...

^ I will try that out, thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3