MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: This is realy buging me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey every one I have ran MyBB on my web server befor and i had to reinstall it do to a server crash Sad

anyways i can't see the message board itself the pics will explane.

Don't tell me to re-install it cuz I have about 20 times now!

Apache: 2.0
PHP: 5.0.3RC2
MySQL: 4.1.7
As far as i know mybb is not coded for php5. That could be your problem.
Actually, myBB works fiune in PHP 5 fine, even thougfh it wasn't coded in PHP 5.

And I don't think there is a default forum/thread made during the installation, like what phpBB does.

Also with your secound screen shot, I have this too, but when i add a category or a forum that balck stuff will disappear after.
wildteen88 Wrote:Also with your secound screen shot, I have this too, but when i add a category or a forum that balck stuff will disappear after.

Thats correct.
I remember that when I ran into such black areas while testing previously, it contained an error code, which was also written in black. If you highlight the black area, does text (an error) show up?
Yes heres what mine says:

Quote:Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in C:\\server\\www\\forums\\mybb\\admin\\forums.php on line 59

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in C:\\server\\www\\forums\\mybb\\admin\\forums.php on line 60

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in C:\\server\\www\\forums\\mybb\\admin\\forums.php on line 65
so then how do i fix the problem?
do i have to re-install it agen?? lol

sory for being such a noobToungue
You can't gix it as its a bug in mybb.

Just crerae a new category by clicking the "Add new forum" link in the left hand menu in AdminCP, Fill out the top of the title for your category call it what you want.

Now scroll down the page and find where it says:
Act As Forum?

Click the option that says No, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click "Add Forum" button.

Now you'll be redireted back to the Manage Forums page, Now click "Add Child Forum" button next to newly created category.

And fill that page out with the settings you want for your forum. And then click add forum button once again.

Now once you've done all that, click the View Your Forums link in then header (the blue menu bar, under where it says MyBB BulletinBoard.

As you can see your now have a forum there.

When installing MyBB, the installtion process doesn't create a forum automatically.

This happens to evreybody when installing MyBB, and is teh default out of teh box stated when installed. So don't worry, your MyBB installation isn't faulty.

Just follow the instructions above when adding a new forum.!
Alright thax alot i must have been thinking of phpbb that auto made 1 a well thax alot sory for bother u guys!