MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ajax / Cool Registration for MyBB *UPDATED*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I noticed that this plugin uses a folder called "includes". It should be called "inc". (Fixed in the below attachment)

Also, the plugin does not use $db class and therefore it does not initialize the query properly under certain circumstances. I've updated the plugin to conform to MyBB standards and should fix the error Carey mentioned. If the author wishes to use my files, he/she may.

(I've also done my own personal nitpicking to the javascript)
Tikitiki Wrote:I noticed that this plugin uses a folder called "includes". It should be called "inc". (Fixed in the below attachment)

Also, the plugin does not use $db class and therefore it does not initialize the query properly under certain circumstances. I've updated the plugin to conform to MyBB standards and should fix the error Carey mentioned. If the author wishes to use my files, he/she may.

(I've also done my own personal nitpicking to the javascript)

Tikitiki,

I installed your modification but when I enter a username, I get this error under username textbox:

Fatal error: Call to a member function simple_select() on a non-object in /www/.../inc/plugins/ajax_cr.php on line 36

Can you fix this please?
theman80 Wrote:Can you fix this please?
I took what Tikitiki last posted and made these modifications to ajax_cr.php,

Change:
global $mybb;
To:
global $mybb, $db;

And

Change:
$query = $db->simple_select("users", "COUNT(uid) as uids", "username = '{$mybb->input['user']}'");
To:
$query = $db->simple_select(TABLE_PREFIX."users", "COUNT(uid) as uids", "username = '{$mybb->input['user']}'");

Seems to work fine, though I'm not sure it follows all the MyBB standards.
oops Toungue I was using 1.4 code >.< I'll fix my attachment
It's excellent pluign. You are the best coder of mybb Wink
Thanks dragonfever abi Big Grin
Thanks all of you it is working fine now.
Tikitiki Wrote:oops Toungue I was using 1.4 code >.< I'll fix my attachment

The error I mentioned is fixed but now there is a bug:

When I enter a username, it is checking and it says "Is Available", but actually, it's wrong and that username is already taken by a registered user.

Can you fix this please?
theman80 Wrote:

When I enter a username, it is checking and it says "Is Available", but actually, it's wrong and that username is already taken by a registered user.

Can you fix this please?

Does this work? (goes in your plugins folder)
good working dragonf. Smile
Tikitiki Wrote:
theman80 Wrote:

Can you fix this please?

Does this work? (goes in your plugins folder)

Thank you so much, it works now.

But if there is NAVBAR LOGINBOX, it doesn't work.
Username textbox of navbar loginbox uses "username" as "name" and I think that's  the problem. I mean this code:

<input type="text" class="textbox" size="15" name="username" title="{$lang->login_username}" value="{$lang->login_username}" onfocus="this.value=''" />

Can you make some change to fix that conflict please?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11