MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirecting after login, it works normally right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I noticed that trying to reply a message as a not loged in and being brought to login screen, logging in successfully I am not redirected actually to the posting page where I was, but to forum home. So thus I would have to go through lots of posts to find the one I want to reply to.
Does that feature exist at all? Does it work normally?
What would I have to do to have it working? I feel like it is all about cookie folder configuration...
Thank you.
The redirection has a bug inRC4, but is fixxed for Gold which will be available this month or next.

Just get into the habbit in logging in straight away, just bookmark the logging in page. lol!

But yes, i think this was fixed for Gold!
wildteen88 Wrote:The redirection has a bug inRC4, but is fixxed for Gold which will be available this month or next.

Just get into the habbit in logging in straight away, just bookmark the logging in page. lol!

But yes, i think this was fixed for Gold!
Isn't it possible to manually edit some file for fixing it? It hope the admin can help me.
Not sure, but maybe musicalmidget or chris may tell you what to edit, as they are the developers of myBB.
Okay OI did a search on this matter and found a post for a fix of this:

Open member.php and find:
if(strpos($url, "member.php?action=register") !== false || $url = "member.php")
	{
		$url = "";
	}
Delete those lines and save file.

Now goto a thread on your forum (without being logged) when at that thread goto login, after logging in you'll find you have been redirected to that thread you was on.

Original thread: http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...p?tid=1012

Hope this help
wildteen88 Wrote:Okay OI did a search on this matter and found a post for a fix of this:

Open member.php and find:
if(strpos($url, "member.php?action=register") !== false || $url = "member.php")
	{
		$url = "";
	}
Delete those lines and save file.

Now goto a thread on your forum (without being logged) when at that thread goto login, after logging in you'll find you have been redirected to that thread you was on.

Original thread: http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...p?tid=1012

Hope this help
Hey friend! It worked nice! I am very happy!
Thanks!
No problem just giving some support!