MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: excuse me, background image doesn't seem to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to change the background from the grey to a background image - I guess this is set under "Themes" -> "Body Background Image" but the pic shows up in the head of the tables only, not on the whole page!
what's wrong ?
I want to get the "ocean background" from this in this

the background stays unchanged in themes from the mybboard homepage, too!

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 1.0
[Image: backimage.png]

Use the bit marked in the red area. Smile
Actually, the problem is not that you used the wrong field but that you entered the wrong URL in the field. You have it set for default/back.jpg but it should be set as back.jpg
thx Matt!
that fixed it Smile
Yeah that doesn't work for me it just removes it completly.

i have tried:

images/back.gif - shows a little in the header
back.gif - nothing shows
Quote:images/back.gif - shows a little in the header

This is becuase you have repeat-x in the background image attributes box underneath the Background Image setting, just delete repeat-x from the box below the background image property and you backgroudn image will display fine.
actually, removing repeat-x will only show the image once, having repeat-x shows the image horozontally, and having repeat-y shows it verticly, so plain repeat should work if you put it in the box.
I'm actually having the same problem with Firefox. I.E. displays the background images normally but Firefox does not. I have phpbb set up on the same server (a local server) and the background images work but with mybb I can't seem to get the background to work properly. The thing is that if I go to the Admin Control Panel in Firefox, everything looks fine. Is there some sort of problem with my css?

Here's a look at the forum with the light theme and some graphical changes I made.

EDIT: After further research it does seem that my CSS just isn't loading in Firefox. The background images aren't the issue.

EDIT2:Issue resolved. I followed the process in this thread and resolved the issue.