MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.4 Released - Important Security Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Chris Boulton Wrote:Because of the amount of subscribers, it's queued up and delivered in batches. Currently it has only been sent to 7% of subscribers.

We do this to help prevent the server being blacklisted by spam detection programs.

Didn't think about that actually Smile Thanks for the clarification. I actually came across the update as I clicked on Dennis Tsang's website to view the wordpress-mybb bridge.
MyBB is great! I love it. Thanks!
And........ updated.
Thanks...updated all my sites quickly.
Thanks Chris updated my site ...
Quote:MyBB is a great! I love it. Thanks!

Thanks for the update and checker, I just did 1 forum and no problems Cool
Thanks.
and,
We convert to turkish.: )

Cheers.
www.mybbturkiye.com
Updated my site! thanks chris!
but... the scan vuln says this:
MyBB Vulnerability Scanner

Quote:This scanner will attempt to check if your board has been exploited by the Client-IP vulnerability which affects MyBB 1.2.3.

Any detected files below you should investigate to see if they're legitimate or not. If they're not, delete them immediately.
Checking language files..
Checking uploads directories..

All done.
(with the fix)
and
without fix.. =
Quote:MyBB Vulnerability Scanner

This scanner will attempt to check if your board has been exploited by the Client-IP vulnerability which affects MyBB 1.2.3.

Any detected files below you should investigate to see if they're legitimate or not. If they're not, delete them immediately.

All done.
any problem?
why MyBB vuln checker says this:
Quote:MyBB Vulnerability Scanner
This scanner will attempt to check if your board has been exploited by the Client-IP vulnerability which affects MyBB 1.2.3.

inc/languages/english/index.lang.php - Potentially breached.

uploads/index.php - Potentially breached.

All done.
is secure my Forum MyBB?
Regards to all MyBB Team
That's got to be the easiest update ever Toungue

Two forums in under 5 mins including getting the file and reading the instructions.
Quote:any problem?
why MyBB vuln checker says this:
There is only a problem if any files are listed below those areas like in the sample.

The one running on the community forums has been modified so it detects some sample files I created - that is why it lists two files here.

Because yours didn't list any files then you're safe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8