MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.4 Released - Important Security Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Dear Chris ,
Does this release add up any new Feature..
Some where i read that The new AJAX registration system will be included in 1.2.4

Is that so ?
The announcement stated that this was purely a fix for the security problem.
You must be confused with MyBB 1.4 Wink
Mano Wrote:Dear Chris ,
Some where i read that The new AJAX registration system will be included in 1.2.4

Is that so ?

I doubt it, seeing as MyBB 1.2.4 was a security release. >.>;

Edit: Oi, rh1n0! You posted at the EXACT same time I did. lol
Ah... Right...i was perhaps confused with 1.4 ...
Mano Wrote:Dear Chris ,

Is that so ?

That is 1.4.
Lol. I noticed that I said that MyBB is "a" great. lol. I updated my post. I had my friend's MyBB script updated too. What is the next verison that is coming out?

I'm guessing it is 1.4. Lol.
Thanks for the patch release.

But I wounder how a hacker can upload files to our forum directories even if he got an access to the ACP?. I could not see any file upload options in the ACP.
Well, that was a painless update! Smile But I wonder, should we delete the vuln_scanner.php file after we run it or leave it in our forum directory? Does it matter?
blubox Wrote:Lol. I noticed that I said that MyBB is "a" great. lol. I updated my post. I had my friend's MyBB script updated too. What is the next verison that is coming out?

I'm guessing it is 1.4. Lol.

If we decided to release a bug fix before 1.4 you will be seeing a 1.2.5. If note, 1.4 is next (not counting any vulnerability patch releases)

judel Wrote:Well, that was a painless update! Smile But I wonder, should we delete the vuln_scanner.php file after we run it or leave it in our forum directory? Does it matter?

I don't think it matters, but you can delete it so other people don't use it for whatever reason.
OK, will do! Thanks for the fast response. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8