MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin style menu (with dropdown menus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone know where I can get a vBulletin style menu (with dropdown menus) for my Mybb forum?
Smile

Check here and click on "Navigation"... Is that the type of drop-down you mean. ??

It's javascript..

http://aus-themes.com/MyBB/Themes/portal.php
Heres a Quick Links Menu

Go to Templates > [Your theme] > header_welcomeblock_member

FIND
{$lang->welcome_pms_usage}

BELOW ADD
<a href="#" id="quicklinks"><strong>Quick Links</strong></a></span>
<script type="text/javascript">
	document.write("<div id=\"quicklinks_popup\" class=\"popup_menu\" style=\"display: none;\"><div class=\"tcat\" style=\"padding:2px;\"><strong>Quick Links<\/strong><\/div><div class=\"popup_item_container\"><a href=\"search.php?action=getdaily\" class=\"popup_item\">View Today's Posts<\/a><\/div><div class=\"popup_item_container\"><a href=\"misc.php?action=markread\" class=\"popup_item\">Mark Forums Read<\/a><\/div><div class=\"popup_item_container\"><a href=\"#\" onclick=\"MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 170, 300);\" class=\"popup_item\">Open Buddy List<\/a><\/div><div class=\"tcat\" style=\"padding:2px;\"><a href=\"usercp.php\"><strong>User CP<\/strong><\/a><\/div><div class=\"popup_item_container\"><a href=\"usercp.php?action=editsig\" class=\"popup_item\">Change Signature<\/a><\/div><div class=\"popup_item_container\"><a href=\"usercp.php?action=profile\" class=\"popup_item\">Edit Profile<\/a><\/div><div class=\"popup_item_container\"><a href=\"usercp.php?action=options\" class=\"popup_item\">Edit Options<\/a><\/div><div class=\"tcat\" style=\"padding:2px;\"><strong>Miscellaneous<\/strong><\/div><div class=\"popup_item_container\"><a href=\"usercp.php?action=subscriptions\" class=\"popup_item\">Subscribed Threads<\/a><\/div><div class=\"popup_item_container\"><a href=\"usercp.php?action=editlists\" class=\"popup_item\">Buddy/Ignore List<\/a><\/div><div class=\"popup_item_container\"><a href=\"member.php?action=profile&amp;uid=84\" class=\"popup_item\">View Profile<\/a><\/div><div class=\"popup_item_container\"><a href=\"online.php\" class=\"popup_item\">Who's Online<\/a><\/div><\/div>");
	new PopupMenu("quicklinks");
</script>

The full guide can be found here - http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=561
Thanks Jag,

That will come in very useful... Smile
Jag,

Shouldn't this line: <a href=\"member.php?action=profile&uid=84\"

Be: <a href=\"member.php?action=profile&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}\"

This line works for me, where the script you use say's there is no such user etc.. Sad

<a href=member.php?action=profile&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}>{$lang->xview_profile}</a>

I'm also using an Over-Library, that's why the script has NO "" quotes and \ comments. Wink
Lopalong Wrote:Jag,

Shouldn't this line: <a href=\"member.php?action=profile&uid=84\"

Be: <a href=\"member.php?action=profile&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}\"

This line works for me, where the script you use say's there is no such user etc.. Sad

<a href=member.php?action=profile&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}>{$lang->xview_profile}</a>

I'm also using an Over-Library, that's why the script has NO "" quotes and \ comments. Wink

^Thanks. I just quickly brewed the code up ill Add all that it and update the plugin
You're welcome.... Smile

Only a suggestion, why don't you throw the Default.xml file into Wordpad etc, and search the anchors in the strings you are using (Minus the \ comment out) and it should enable you to find most of the $lang vars pretty quickly for what you've hard-coded. If some don't exist for the text you are using, create your own and add them to the global.lang.php under /*Jag's Drop-Down menu*/

That would finish that mod off very nicely. Wink
That one doesnt seem to work with my board. I have no idea why, but my board version it 1.2.4...the latest currently...
Audentio,

It should work... But MyBB has restrictions on what $lang-> and Core variables can be accessed in different templates.

Gets a bit puzzling, but give us an indication of what you are doing with it, and where you are placing it. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3