MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: update 1.2.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think i have messed up when i uploaded the 124 was i meant to put all in the inc directory? I noticed the version number has not changed at the bottom and the reminder is still showing reminding me to update to 124.
If you've used the manual patching instructions (or the changed files archive) you should have uploaded them in both cases to the /inc folder.
What you are saying i uploaded in the inc folder i did it right (thats what i did do) so if that is the right way to do it why am i still getting a reminder for the update. Sorry for all the questions but i really am new to all this.

destroyer Wrote:If you've used the manual patching instructions (or the changed files archive) you should have uploaded them in both cases to the /inc folder.
Open inc/functions php and look for the version number: if there still 1.2.3 or 123 change them both to 1.2.4 and 124.

(If that's the case you did not upload the files correctly)

I also think the reminder stays there until you've clicked it again. ;-)
The files should be in the inc/ folder. Did you accidentally upload it to inc/inc/functions.php and inc/inc/class_core.php?
Dennis,

Thanks for your reply i just looked at the dates in the inc/inc folder and i put it in there, would it be posible if i sent you my cpanel password through a private message you could sort this out for me?

Thanks in advance

Kelvin

Dennis Tsang Wrote:The files should be in the inc/ folder.  Did you accidentally upload it to inc/inc/functions.php and inc/inc/class_core.php?
I also could do it for you. Files should not be uploaded in inc/inc. o.o
Quote:inc/inc folder

There is no inc/inc folder... You don't upload the "update" folder, only the files to the /inc "folder". Wink
Basically you should have dragged and dropped the inc/ folder into your main forum directory NOT the inc directory.
Tikitiki Wrote:Basically you should have dragged and dropped the inc/ folder into your main forum directory NOT the inc directory.

Yes i know that now, But as i put it in the wrong folder what damage will it do?
Pages: 1 2 3