MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why the following?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I have just two questions regarding my forum, if anybody could advice me, thanks.
1. New registrations are not receiving the e-mails, why not?
2. Bottom is says Forum is Locked, why.

I am running ByBB 1.8 Downloaded and installed with our hosting provider.
1) Tell them to check their spam folder
2) The "forum is locked" is probably the legend for the types of forum indicator. Does it only show on index?
(2015-09-24, 09:00 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]1) Tell them to check their spam folder
2) The "forum is locked" is probably the legend for the types of forum indicator. Does it only show on index?

Hi
1. Nothing in the spam folder - I had a look at the setup details and that seems fine.

2. Yes it only shows on the index.
ok, so for question 2, that is the explanation of what the symbols mean next to the forums - read, unread etc. You can remove it in the index templates.

for q1: When exactly do you expect the users to receive the email? On signup or later when subscribed to threads?

Please provide a forum url Smile
(2015-09-24, 10:44 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]ok, so for question 2, that is the explanation of what the symbols mean next to the forums - read, unread etc. You can remove it in the index templates.

for q1:  When exactly do you expect the users to receive the email? On signup or later when subscribed to threads?

Please provide a forum url Smile

The forum url:
randjag.co.za/forum

email: On signup to the forum

Shy
ok, it looks like you have users set to instant activation, so they wont get an email. If you want that then:

Home » Board Settings » Login and Registration Options

Registration Method
Please select the method of registration to use when users register
(2015-09-24, 11:42 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]ok, it looks like you have users set to instant activation, so they wont get an email. If you want that then:

Home » Board Settings » Login and Registration Options

Registration Method
Please select the method of registration to use when users register

Hi

I had a look I had those settings, thanks.
and was it successful?
(2015-09-24, 01:52 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]and was it successful?

Nope, I see that registered and also awaiting confirmation email.
Are any other emails being sent? For example, notification emails regarding pms and new threads .
Pages: 1 2