MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Purge spammer button disappeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I use MyBB 1.8.6 and the Purge spammer button is gone. How can I troubleshoot it?
Do you need any additional information?

Thanks
Moved to General Support, as this doesn't seem to be at bug report level in terms of confirmation or reproduction steps.

A member of the Support Team should be able to help you relatively soon. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
check the usergroup settings in Purge Spammer settings and see if they are set correctly...

make sure the spammer havent crossed the Post limit set in the above settings.. if he has posted more threads than it is set above the button will disappear...

and see if the button, "{$post['button_purgespammer']}", is present in the postbit template...
Thank you! I increased the post limit setting and now the button is available again.
(2015-09-27, 06:16 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]check the usergroup settings in Purge Spammer settings and see if they are set correctly...

make sure the spammer havent crossed the Post limit set in the above settings.. if he has posted more threads than it is set above the button will disappear...

and see if the button, "{$post['button_purgespammer']}", is present in the postbit template...

I am having the same issue with missing Purge Spammer button under MyBB 1.8.19.
I set Post Limit to 0 & purged cache - no change.  The button does not appear.

The theme 'postbit_purgespammer' template has a single line; 

<a href="moderation.php?action=purgespammer&amp;uid={$post['uid']}" title="{$lang->postbit_purgespammer}" class="postbit_purgespammer"><span>{$lang->postbit_button_purgespammer}</span></a>

The theme 'postbit' (only) template omits "{$post['button_purgespammer']}" - and when added, there is a text (rather than a button) purge spammer option in postbit - but only for legitimate posts in a thread.  Spam posted replies to a legitimate post that are in the moderation queue do not have any pure spammer option

What else might I be doing wrong?
your default forum view is classic - so you may want to check the postbit_classic template for the button code.
(2018-10-29, 09:59 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]your default forum view is classic - so you may want to check the postbit_classic template for the button code.

Hi thanks Ashley1

I don't seem to have a 'classic' template, though when I replace my theme postbit template with the default postbit template, the same issue persists - the replies in moderation queue don't get a 'purge spammer' button.  Only the original post author can be purged.
postbit is the wrong template to be applying changes to - the name of the template is postbit_classic and is under the postbit template section (about 12 down).

You must have a postbit_classic template because that is the view of your forum.
(2018-10-29, 10:17 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]postbit is the wrong template to be applying changes to - the name of the template is postbit_classic and is under the postbit template section (about 12 down).

You must have a postbit_classic template because that is the view of your forum.

Hi, sorry, you are quite right.

I found the default theme postbit_classic template, and it did not have the button code for some reason (so I added it), but my normal forum theme postbit_classic template did already have it

The same issue persists, after Ctrl f5 - the 'purge spammer' button is still not appearing in posts in the moderation queue.  It only appears for posts that are already approved.
What view do have set for yourself ? classic or horizontal ?

What theme do you have set for yourself? Is it possible you are on an older theme or a different theme for some reason.

If you want to be sure that you are on the default theme go to ACP -> themes, click on the options button and then force on users.
Pages: 1 2