MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySupport for MyBB 1.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Aw. Cute.
But trust me, the compatibility issue is not *that* simple and the modified files do have the right compatibility setting and neither "*" nor "18" do make any difference.
No. You're right, it's not that simple and I didn't say it was. That will simply allow you to install the plugin. They definitely don't have the right compatibility setting as that message wouldn't show saying it is not compatible with 1.8.
No it doesn't. I checked all files and they are all set to "18" and the modified plugin (the one from vintagedaddyo's ZIP; version 0.5) doesn't even get listed in the ACP and the old one (0.4) throws an SQL error and dies.

Today	14:45:23		0	MyBB SQL Error	SQL Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1
Query: SELECT COUNT(*) AS technical FROM mybb_threads WHERE status = '2' AND fid IN ()
On 1.8.15  on my mobile I just quickly tried the suggested workaround though I did not take the time to test much as I was on a mobile and my time is limited as of late...,

[Image: 2nna00.png]
[Image: 28inds1.png]
[Image: 2v19ezp.png]
[Image: 14jswzp.png]

Etc, etc..., still appears to be working fine as far as install and such..., though as I said before some template edits would need to be made to the provided theme and global.css in order to make it a 1.8.15 complaint theme for example to correct the login modal and any other issues that may arise with further usage and testing, etc, etc. I am sure that someone that has the free time can use this as a base/continuation/starting point to make an updated 1.8.15 compliant workaround and share as I previously did for 1.8.7 and such until whenever matt finally decides to update the actual plugin.
It is clearly able to be installed as above so you are doing something wrong when editing the files I’d imagine.
fudge. i uploaded the wrong mysupport.php file --- the one for the /inc/plugins/mysupport subfolder into the /inc/plugins/ folder
be right back -- I'l go looking for a nice wall to bash.   [Image: wallbash-win.gif]

Thanks for your help and patience! Smile

Now... how can i convince it to accept edits in the "mysupport" cache? i can edit priorities or deny reasons and they end up in the database, but not in the cache - which also cannot be rebuilt from the acp

Quick 'n dirty solution: 

in /inc/plugins/mysupport.php  change line 87 from 
               //mysupport_cache();
to
               mysupport_cache();
Okay .... what the bleeep is going wrong when clicking on "mark as solved" or one of the other "buttons" results in the desired action PLUS marking the thread "not a support thread" ? the "more..." box and its popup work nicely, just the other three buttons don't...
Mysupport 1.8 is now available...
MySupport is at version number 0.5 (for MyBB 1.8.*) and that is the one making the error i described above.
(2018-07-16, 09:13 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]Okay .... what the bleeep is going wrong when clicking on "mark as solved" or one of the other "buttons" results in the desired action PLUS marking the thread "not a support thread" ? the "more..." box and its popup work nicely, just the other three buttons don't...

Anyone got an idea why this happens?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5