MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Is The Best But What Do You Think Of Other Softwares Ranking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Here is how I see it.

- MyBB

- phpBB

- IPB

- Info Pop

- UBB

- Simple Machine

- vBulletin

Those three ones that are just three dots are future softwares that would be better then vBulletin.

vBulletin is the worst of the worst! UBB is even better then vBulletin. Every other software has its features and more!
Actually, vBulletin isn't as bad as you say it is. Even if you need to pay for it, and it's skin is awful, there are many features no other BBS has, like its reputation system controls (now those are really good), etc.

I still like MyBB better though
I like MyBB so much. But vBulletin and MyBB are so close to the same thing but I hate vBulletin... I dont know why.

The thing about vBulletin is the Admin CP can be hacked more easier then the forum itself.

I like phpBB2 as well....the my-thingy....it was easy to install and has a bunch of mods installed.....and I like the amount of mods available...then again...having that many mods....make it difficult to upgrade (I would assume)....and I do like the portal of it.....
but I will stick to myBB for the forum....it's far better out of the box in my eyes...

cheers,
Kimmo
IPB is better than PHPBB. Even if it means paying a liscense fee for it.
Only coded for PHPbb and Mybb and I found PHPbb to be slightly easier to code for.

In terms of using, vBulletin is easy to use but can be pretty monolthic. Phpbb is nice and small and so is mybb.
I wouldn't get vBulletin because you have to pay for it, and use a free alternative instead.

You have to take into account that myBB hasn't been around for as long as PHPbb (has it?) so there aren't as many mods and there are bugs. The longer a piece of software exists, the more likely it is to have less bugs.
If i was to be honest, as it currently stands.

vBulletin
IPB
Mybb
Phpbb
I've only used 6 of those types of software. Which are, MyBB, VBulletin, SMF, YaBB SE, IPB and phpBB.

When ever I set up a forum, I refuse to set up one using phpBB or YaBB SE, phpBB because it can be hacked easily, and YaBB SE because it is so out of date. (SMF is the improved version).

So for me it goes:

VB
MyBB
IPB
SMF
YaBB SE
phpBB.
I can't believe I'm seeing this. vBulletin is horrible. Tell me one STAND OUT feature that vBulletin has that many board owners will like to have. A lot of the functionality of what vBulletin has can be achieved with a free version of MyBB or PHPBB atleast.

I'm actually borderline with IPB or MyBB. Both are great. Also, MyBB has been around for may be a year more or less?
How can you say vBulletin is the worst then put MyBB at the top? To me they are very similar. But I also recognize that MyBB hasn't even matured yet, and it is almost or as good as vBulletin which means it will only get better.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20