MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Check Out MyBB Presentation (Profile)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this but here goes! I hope MyBB staff won't mind me posting this here because I'm not sure how to post images on the 'Ideas' site.

[Image: z_myBB_member_profile_sml.gif]
The above is a thumbnail link to a much larger full size image (187.kb gif) A sample of my idea for MyBB's Member's Profile page.

The layout for MyBB Member's Profile page focuses on 'Presentation' giving the Profile a dramatic new look for MyBB with added features. The idea is to keep all the content simple and nicely laid-out on just one page with the option for the member to 'Quick Edit' several sections via a drop-down edit field. Of course there should be access  for Mod-control to edit sections and also display Member IP but I couldn't be bothered adding that. I wanted to give it a view from the member perspective but for other users such as visitors (other members and guests viewing the Profile page those 'edit options' will not be visible for obvious reasons.

Note:
The display is just a 'Gif image' and NOT a working model. The Gif image is primarily for display purposes only.

Tell me what you think of my idea layout and additional features for MyBB's Member's Profile page?

-
yea I agree it is simplier that's for sure.

I could have spent more time on doing that image today but rushed things and left out a few features that are actually on the current MyBB Profile. LOL!!

My main focus is on 'Presentation' (and I guess a mini-photo gallery isn't really required) but having just one larger display photo (as I've done) makes the whole thing look nicer IMHO, I suppose all this is just my personal preference coming from someone who's been heavily involved in the entertainment industry.
Quite interesting. I don't really know what to say about it.
I like it, I like the expanded view it is still simple but gives it a little touch of more customization and easier discussion. I would say that the reputation system would be nice to be included in it though.
I really like it, it look´s much more "cleaner" than the actua profile-page
I love it 100% and give more of a personal appeal to that members profile. Is this just an image you created or do you have an actual working version?
It's very interesting, but it looks like IPB's Confused
It does look like IPB's one but that doesn't mean we can't "MyBBify" it. Advanced Profiles are very popular because you have so many options with them.

Personally I'd love to have a profile with a "blog" like feature.
Tikitiki Wrote:It's very interesting, but it looks like IPB's Confused

Yes it does. I believe someone already posted this on the ideas site, but without the image.
DrPoodle Wrote:It does look like IPB's one but that doesn't mean we can't "MyBBify" it. Advanced Profiles are very popular because you have so many options with them.

Personally I'd love to have a profile with a "blog" like feature.

I know I think a blog feature would be nice as it would for one give someone loyalty to your site to update their blog plus they could give out their blog address to their friends having more people sign-up .
Pages: 1 2