MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb h1, h2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do we add <h1> improtant topics here </> on mybb? I keep getting low seo due to this and yes i do have the google seo incase you point to that one!
On which page do you want to add H1 tags?
(2015-10-12, 09:16 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]On which page do you want to add H1 tags?

well few of them just to improve my seo score...but specific ones are blogging discussions and community management not all but just maybe 2 or 3 maximum on both.
Adding H1/H2/etc. tags will do very little to affect your SEO score. Honestly, I wouldn't spend my time doing so. Instead concentrate on building content and natural backlinks.
(2015-10-12, 09:26 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Adding H1/H2/etc. tags will do very little to affect your SEO score. Honestly, I wouldn't spend my time doing so. Instead concentrate on building content and natural backlinks.

I'm doing regular content updating and also have blog added to help me gain good presence on search engine. Trying my 100% best not to fall behind. Sorry if the <h1> kind of looked stupid question but seriously i really dont want my forum to go down any how...
(2015-10-12, 09:31 AM)ytt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 09:26 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Adding H1/H2/etc. tags will do very little to affect your SEO score. Honestly, I wouldn't spend my time doing so. Instead concentrate on building content and natural backlinks.

I'm doing regular content updating and also have blog added to help me gain good presence on search engine. Trying my 100% best not to fall behind. Sorry if the <h1> kind of looked stupid question but seriously i really dont want my forum to go down any how...

Most of what you are reading in those SEO articles is outdated at best. Google has gotten pretty good at deciding the quality of your page, with or without H1,2,3,4,5 tags.

I suggest you read this article on SEOMoz:
https://moz.com/blog/million-dollar-content
Not only <h1> but <h2> and <h3>  are also important and significant for current on page SEO techniques. I am running a cricket blog and using these techniques to improve my SERP. Its serving well for my rankings.
The other tags may not be that important, but you need h1 for an optimised site! h1 is a must on my site, and i try to use h2 wherever possible.
One important principle is properly nest your headers. Use the proper header for the level, and don't choose it based on default presentation size. When you strip all other content, the header tags should form a proper outline.
(2015-11-02, 07:21 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]One important principle is properly nest your headers. Use the proper header for the level, and don't choose it based on default presentation size. When you strip all other content, the header tags should form a proper outline.

what does this mean? 

I find h1 and h2 are always too big for posting.....you need them 3-4em to be really make sense.

for 1.5-2 em you might as well use bold or strong

thats for functionality, for SEO well thats different LOL

SO you shouldnt use this?

<h6>
<h1>

</h1>
</h6>

or
<h6></h6>
<h1></h1>

Pages: 1 2