MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Support - Mods - Themes - Support Tickets - One Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe when the team releases MyBB Gold a new site should be built! Support staff should be created to match that of vB.

If MyBB is ever going to play with the "Big Boys" then it needs to start being more professional.

The support is great but lets make it better! Maybe a team for mod support and then a team for theme support.

Then maybe a general support team! We could gather a list of resourse sites and ask if they want to merge.

Maybe make the mod site merge with this site also. Maybe have a on-site FAQ and support ticket system.

Maybe live chat for when some of the support team has free time. Then of course add some more support forums here.

Since MyBB is well going out of 'beta' with Gold we need to redesign the approch of MyBB and make it more professional themed.

Not make the software itself professional looking but this site and the support proccess.

I know of some good FAQ systems and live help systems. We already have the forum so we're all set to go!

What do you think of my ideas? Maybe a great database of mods and hacks from around the web!
Yeah your ideas are good, and I agree too for there to be more foum categories for:

Themes and MOD support.

But http://mybbmods.com and http://mybbplanet.com has support for themes and mods on their sites.

These may come into action when gold arrives.

I would like to see MOD support staff and template staff too, as the MOD staff will produce and release MODs that have been sumbmited by users and same goes to templates too.

For some reason people tend to goto to fourm boards that have a wide range of MOD's and Templates. I ahve two templates for MyBB 1.0 RC4 on the go, that I'll convert to myBB Gold when released.
Sounds like a plan. Mybbthings.com is set to concentrate on the theme's and support for them, although as always i will offer support here.
Shouldn't MOD authors be responsible for support themselves?
I think this board is already used as their support gateway. Since MyBB isn't as big, there isn't a lot of users needing support. And when they do need support, it's usually answered in the first 2 or 3 replies afterwards. This place isn't getting flooded with support calls, but I could see this being put into plan once MyBB gets REALLY big.
Before the release of Gold we plan to make a few changes, mainly centered around the support staff - a few promotions are in order for some people.

Eventually we will implement a support tickets system but at the moment, as Cory said, the user base isn't that big and there wouldn't be much demand for it.

There was an IRC channel a while ago but I don't think I ever told anyone about it either.

Help Documents for admins are a thing we plan to work on, and eventually we plan to have a built in Admin CP help system. Smile
Chris Boulton Wrote:a few promotions are in order for some people.

:o

*slides $55 (AUS) under the table.* Wink