MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Live preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Getting opinions on a live preview pane? Instead of pressing the preview button to preview your post, it'll appear above/below you whilst trying. It'll take some work but if the people want it Smile. Turn on/off in User CP etc.

I'm not saying it's possible either but I'll have a go Smile
eh? The only way of that happening (at the best of my knowledge) is with FLASH.
Yeah flash is the only way I can think of that happening also. It might work, but it would be slower for dial-up users. I can see it working well for the most part Smile.
Unless you can do it with Javascript, but that would take loads of doing to complete. I'll just stick with the original "Preview" button.
Or a Java Applet I suppose. But PHP would require you to refresh the page or load a new one (Preview). I dont see any way around it.
Java is too slow though... it takes a while to load, and a while to de-load O_o.
I don't think a "Live Preview" is necessary.
The best way to do this would to use iframes, in my opinion. It's not compatible with older browsers but all current versions of browsers should support it.
You can do it with javascript. I've seen a WYSIWYG that lets you click buttons and highlight text to control what you make. It uses iframes and textareas. Look for a program called htmlarea. You can use the timeout function to only update every 5/10 seconds or so.

Well it seems it's not that popular anyway so I won't bother.
Yeah why noit change the quick reply or reply boxes into a WYSIWYG editor. Like what HTMLArea does (but make it not as advanced as that though).

Just include the basic BBCodes MyBB uses by make it so it's like a WYSIWYG editor instead of having duplicate text areas. (think of it as what Vbulletin does).

Good Luck!
Pages: 1 2