MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help converting plugin from 1.6 -> 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used this Checkbox Validation plugin on mybb 1.6
http://community.mybb.com/thread-126322.html

I need help converting it to 1.8. Following the instructions from this thread I changed the compatibility to 18* but after I activate the plugin I'm getting a bunch of "headers already sent" errors both in admin panel and when trying to create or reply to a thread.

If this is a bigger job, I can offer to pay someone $50 to convert this plugin to mybb 1.8
when you do the edit, use Notepad ++. Then see if that works. Might save you 50 dollars Smile

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/news/notep...eased.html
Ok yes, the header problems are now gone. Thank you

However, the checkbox validation part is still missing from new threads and new replies Sad
I think i´ve made working on 1.8 with lesser changes in the past for some user, only add vars of plugin and maybe have to work, i dunno for sure, but i'm working on some events in this parts too and right now i'm testing the functionabillity, if al goes fine maybe can help to you to make it works on 1.8 but if i remember the code chages are basically easy job to do, but not for sure.
(2015-10-19, 07:14 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]I think i´ve made working on 1.8 with lesser changes in the past for some user, only add vars of plugin and maybe have to work, i dunno for sure, but i'm working on some events in this parts too and right now i'm testing the functionabillity, if al goes fine maybe can help to you to make it works on 1.8 but if i remember the code chages are basically easy job to do, but not for sure.

Ok let me know. Happy to offer you the $50 if we can get it working correctly
Ok i review it and sedn you by mp.

Or if you prefer i send it here, but maybe you wanna share it or not i send to you by mp when done.

Let me know if posible what version of MyBB you´re using and theme to make you a more easy job on this plugin to only activate and done !!!

See yah !!!
I'm using mybb 1.8.6 with Vienna theme, but I want it to work on any theme. Its fine to be public, I will just share it with the forums incase they want it too
Ok i review the mod and it works without more changes on code like compatibillity and add lang to admin cp.

That's all works and only have to configure it to show how many times for registered users and tht things but works so have no to make more code changes at all !!!

The way to work on all themes is not an easy job, because some developpers make changes on vars of MyBB and it's very hard to know what vars have been changed for us(plugin developpers).

But only make changes and upload files and done !!!

Al have to work, if you wish maybe i can help you on other way because by default as i remember this plugin works fine on 1.8.x versions.

Cheers...

EDIT: I think some of your problems are with some code of this plugin maybe for your php version or some other plugin conflicting in some code parts, maybe a entire rewrite of this mod should work with changes on sessions and cookie verification. But by default wokrs on my local fo
I changed the compatibility to 18* and activated it, but i didnt see the checkboxes/radiocircles on the new posts, replies, or quick replies. I checked with the default MyBB theme too and didn't see it there either. You didn't change anything else?

Vienna theme just had some images and an .xml file.. so how would it change vars?
I share the file i got t the end, download attach, and intall again plugin and let me know if works...

See yah !!!
Pages: 1 2