MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply Spinner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A weird problem here. I make a quick reply and it works, except the small spinner keeps spinning, but once I refresh the page, it's gone and the quick reply has been posted successfully.

I have this in my header for my drops downs:
<script type="text/javascript">
// <!--
    if(use_xmlhttprequest == "1")
    {
        $("#extraslink").popupMenu();
        $("#userlink").popupMenu();
    }
// -->
</script>

Now, when I add $.noConflict(); under the userlink code, the quick reply works as normal, and no spinner is there. However, it stops me from using the collapse on my tables and it then interferes with this code I have for my index sidebox:

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(function(){
jQuery(".latestthreads").load("{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php .latestthreads_portal");
jQuery(".lateststats").load("{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php .lateststats"); 
jQuery(".whosonline").load("{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php .whosonline"); 
}); </script>

So, without the noConflict code, the spinner keeps spinning, but the collapse and index side box code works. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
I also have this problem, however I have bootstrap css and js in my headerinclude, and assumed it was due to that somehow.
There's currently a bug that *might* be causing this, but I'm not 100% sure that it causes this specific behavior.
How do we find out if it is a bug Josh? The quick reply spinner has the hidden class, so I assumed that it would not be seen, but it is.

I have the same Ashley.
I just took a look and it doesn't seem like this is at all connected to the issue I was thinking of. Could I get a board URL and (preferably) testing account to debug this issue? Feel free to PM the information to me if you want to keep it private.
I'm actually making a new theme, so it's all on localhost. I unfortunately can't give you any test details. I was just making a theme and testing it out myself.
I PM'd a test account.

I replaced my showthread_quickreply template with one from the vanilla install, and the problem disappears (that's with the bootstrap css and js and all other mods still in place). I am still trying to see where I went wrong, if i find something I will report back.
Did you get this sorted Ashley1? Were you able to check this out Josh?
(2015-10-20, 09:35 PM)J Greig Wrote: [ -> ]Did you get this sorted Ashley1? Were you able to check this out Josh?

Hi, Josh did offer to look into this round about tomorrow, but I don't think there's any bug, as described above. Did you replace your template just to see if it makes a difference. Mine works with the stock file.
I am assuming it's to do with the code listed in the OP. As I say, once I add noConflict to the header dropdown javascript, it runs as normal. But once I do that, the javascript on my index page (which pulls latest threads etc from portal) stops working.
Pages: 1 2