MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to choose hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,i would like to build forum but I don't know how to choose hosting. there are numerous specifications out there which will be basic requirements for mybb forum
You wouldn't need more than 1GB space and 10GB bandwidth to start. And even that is on the high end of what you would need.
Windows or linux hosting which one should choose and why
Depends what you intend to run on it - if you intend to run ASP.NET or ColdFusion, you'd select Windows. If you're planning on running Ruby or PHP, Linux would be the way to go.
check for up time too
(2015-10-28, 08:16 PM)rakeshmekaguda Wrote: [ -> ]check for up time too

Or, I don't know - do your research?
thanks for your replies
if space is not a requirement atleast get unlimited or unmetered bandwidth. I would suggest x10hosting tho for your host provider. they are decent. i have used them and still are even tho i have a paid hosting account with another company.
I suggest you do not read this post.
Hostinger- Crappy webhost in the world choose a host that is stable and have positive reputation among developer forums like WHT or LET.
Digitalocean- I am sure who uses DO before he probably like to out from it DCs also their prices are too high i would like to suggest OVH instead of DO
Pages: 1 2