MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: optimise database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What happens exactly when I click optimize database?
I asking that because my forum is now 3 days online and I allready use 5 mb, withouth any photos as atachment.
Rebuilding all settings and tables... deleting useless information and such.
Ik heb sommige dingen toegevoegd in de index-template omdat ik ze niet kon intergreren in een sidebox. Kan dit kwaad wanneer ik een optimalisatie uitvoer.
Ik raak toch niets kwijt van mijn lay-out??

Is er nog een andere manier om deze opslag lager te krijgen behalve berichten deleten.
Ik heb dan wel 3000 MB, maar ja die zijn dan ook zo vol.

I add some things in the index template because I can't intergrate them in a sidebox. Will this gave any problems when I optimalisyse the database.

Is there another way to bring the database lower. I can delete message ofcourse but thats not what I mean.
Optimising is a MySQL feature, so it doesn't matter if you have made modifications to the database.

I find that pruning all the admin logs and moderator logs reduce the amount of data by a lot.
I find that pruning all the admin logs and moderator logs reduce the amount of data by a lot.

What do you mean with that???
My English is not that good? (prunning??)

I guess that prunning moderator is something as delete all messages that where delete by members.
Does not do mybb this at hisselfes.

prunning admins I see when I check php files!!
What happens with the forum when I do that?
pruning is like deleting
Je zal niets kwijt geraken, een andere manier dan dingen verwijderen is er helaas niet (wat vrij logisch is).

Om die dingen te prunen (verwijderen) kan je best naar de logboeken gaan. Admin/mod logboek, en daar kan je alle ingevoerde sessies verwijderen. Dit zou al wat minder plaats innemen.

You won't lose anything when running optimalisation query's.

To prune stuff, you could go to the logbooks and prune the admin/mod logs. (This can be found in the Admin cp > logbooks > admin/mod logbooks).
Admin logs (as I understand it) is just a record of what the admin did - e.g. deleting members etc. so unless you really need it,pruning is good Smile I'm impressed that it reached 5mb in 3 days! You must have a greally active forum.
http://www.ikf-forum.eu/

But I think I understand a little I looked in my direct admin and saw that my provider also make log files from a day before.
I think I can delete every file from a day before and that will save me about 1 mb in 1 day. But I ask first on the provider.
The stats log files take up *loads* of space. My host has at least 3 via cpanel - awstats, analog, webalizer...
Pages: 1 2