MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do you install mybb Sad
unzip the files to your desktop, then upload all the files in the ´upload´ folder to your ´www´ or ´public_html´ folder on your server, unless you want the forum in it´s own sub directory, then create that directory in one of the folders above, then upload the MyBB files there. For example, if you want your forums to be reached via www.yourdomain.com/forum then create the folder ´forum´ in the ´www´ or ´public_html´ and upload the files there.

CHMOD the following files to 777

./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php
./uploads
./uploads/avatars

Assuming you installed to your top level directory (www or public_html) point your browser to www.yourdomain.com/install/index.php and follow the prompts...simple. Be sure to change the name of your install folder or delete it before you enter your forum.
More information can be found on our wiki:

[Wiki: installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
thank you,hmm i have added the forum in a folder called sub domain but when install i get error 404
now i get this

MyBB Error

MyBB has generated a critical error and as a result cannot function correctly.

MyBB Said:

Error Code: board_not_installed

Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Please try clicking the Refresh button in your web browser to see if this corrects this problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
You should install the forum first, go to /forum/install/index.php if that's finished, delete or close - put a folder called 'lock' in the install folder - the install folder.
sorry destoyer done it my bad thanks again
No problem. Everything's working now?