MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who's Online Problem (Continued from last thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so in my last thread i stated a huge problem with Who's Online messing up and not working correctly and i'm willing to pay $100 to get it fixed.

I created a brand new database, put a fresh MyBB public html in, installed my board again which is brand new and the problem is still happening, it cuts off users when they are logged in after 1 minute.

Does anyone know the problem and can help me? I will pay $100.

Thanks in advance.
[Image: 0b1eebba287811fcb05f4933d4baf740.png]
(2015-12-14, 10:45 PM)Swifter Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so in my last thread i stated a huge problem with Who's Online messing up and not working correctly and i'm willing to pay $100 to get it fixed.

I created a brand new database, put a fresh MyBB public html in, installed my board again which is brand new and the problem is still happening, it cuts off users when they are logged in after 1 minute.

Did you actually log out? I assume if you logged out after a minute that will tell the system that the user is no longer online (as it should) and would then cut the session short.
(2015-12-14, 10:53 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-14, 10:45 PM)Swifter Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so in my last thread i stated a huge problem with Who's Online messing up and not working correctly and i'm willing to pay $100 to get it fixed.

Did you actually log out? I assume if you logged out after a minute that will tell the system that the user is no longer online (as it should) and would then cut the session short.

No, i've been trying to fix this problem for around 40 hours now with no luck, i had my friend help me there and i told him to keep the forum open and browse on a different page which should keep him logged in and the session still going until 15 minutes.

I really don't know the problem, and assuming that it is still being caused on a new database and a fresh forum, i really have no idea what's causing this issue.

That's why i'm willing to pay up $100 to get it fixed.
If the problem still persists with fresh settings, fresh database, fresh install, etc. then the problem most likely lyes within your web host not the software. Your web host may limit the amount of SQL queries maybe?
(2015-12-14, 10:57 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]If the problem still persists with fresh settings, fresh database, fresh install, etc. then the problem most likely lyes within your web host not the software. Your web host may limit the amount of SQL queries maybe?

I've been with my web host for over a month with no problems.

I did get DDoS Protection so i'm curious to see if that's the problem, and if it is, how to fix it. 

I am still willing to pay $100 for a fix.
What is your board URL?
Also are any plugins installed?
(2015-12-14, 11:12 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]What is your board URL?
Also are any plugins installed?

http://demonforums.net

No plugins installed or anything, it's a fresh database with a fresh board installed.
Currently I see that you are online and viewing the profile of nov4. I also see that your last visit was one minute ago. nov4 is currently offline and his last visit was 11 minutes ago.

While a user is online last visit will say "1 minute ago" but will increase with the time spent on the most recent page they visited (in your case your profile currently says last visit was 5 minutes ago and you are viewing the profile of nov4, for example)

I cannot see anything wrong with your board.
(2015-12-14, 11:21 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Currently I see that you are online and viewing the profile of nov4. I also see that your last visit was one minute ago. nov4 is currently offline and his last visit was 11 minutes ago.

While a user is online last visit will say "1 minute ago" but will increase with the time spent on the most recent page they visited (in your case your profile currently says last visit was 5 minutes ago and you are viewing the profile of nov4, for example)

I cannot see anything wrong with your board.

nova4 hasn't been offline, he has been been viewing the main index without closing the tab.

He didn't close the page as i am speaking to him. So why does it say "offline" when the cut off isn't until 15 minutes.
I now see nov4 as online with his last visit being 6 minutes ago. I would be curious to see what it is like without the DDoS protection enabled. Maybe it is limiting the amount of queries/pings per second/minute. It also appears you are running two different ddos protection providers? See if you can disable them in their respective control panels temporarily.
Pages: 1 2