MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 2.0 On Localhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know 2.0 is not safe to run and it is not finished but I would like to be able to see the progress visually via localhost so how can I go about installing 2.0 on Localhost?.

Maybe some sort of pre-beta release can be done (no support included) since the repositories are available?.
(2016-01-09, 07:37 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see replies here & https://github.com/mybb/mybb2/wiki/Insta...pment-Copy

I do not use virtualbox or vagrant, one person said it is possible to run in localhost on that thread so how would I go about doing that. 

I use XAMPP.
Sorry, during development we will not provide support or instruction for installing any other way. 2.0 is meant for developer use only at the minute, and most developers have a working development environment.
(2016-01-09, 07:37 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, during development we will not provide support or instruction for installing any other way. 2.0 is meant for developer use only at the minute, and most developers have a working development environment.

When Alpha 1 releases being that it is at nearly 80% will that be able to go on localhost and actually install?
When it's ready.
is the php scripting done?

Most of the people will be wowed by the Themes and CSS BUT when it boils down to it, what matters is whats under the hood.....
Since the repository is open everything is public. So why do you not just check the repository and issue tracker on github...

No the php scripting is nowhere nearly done.
MyBB 2.0 uses Laravel as framework and yes the code is much cleaner, than the 1.x code.
As Nik101010 said, the whole product is a long way from complete. There is still la lot more work to do.
(2016-01-09, 07:37 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see replies here & https://github.com/mybb/mybb2/wiki/Insta...pment-Copy

Is the current state compatible with Laraval 5.2? If not, if we use 5.1, theoretically, should the repository work? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3