MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No one on my forum can open threads, need help asap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there! Well first of all, my problem started when I was doing a new Database backup last night. I've run down with this definitions but at some point, I got an sql error saying that it couldn't connect to my sql database (even though the name of my database and the password were correct). 

Then, after waiting like 1 minute, the forum comes back but with a huge problem. NO one can open any thread right now, if u try to open either it opens a blank page saying "Not Found The requested URL /thread-8935-post-.html was not found on this server." or it shows on forum "The specified thread does not exist." . What I noticed from that is that the links are now "http://forumanime.pt/thread-8935-post-.html#pid", it has no number after the post and pid...

So I went to phpMyAdmin and try to see if something was corrupted. Turns out the posts are still all there (there is no missing posts), and on mybb_threads well some threads have 0 posts when that's not really true (they are probably damaged). The thing is that all threads can't be open and only some are really damage with 0 posts now, not all of them.

Is there a way to fix this mannually on phpMyAdmin since I still have all the posts? (it's months of work that I really can't affort to lose) I don't know why it went the wrong why, I just did a normal backup, It shouldn't have corrupted my database like that ...

List of plugins installed (during the database backup attempt): here

My forum is http://forumanime.pt/, u can check the thread problem by yourself if u want (guests can see threads).

Edit: Here is my latest page on mybb_posts and mybb_threads (check attachments)
Try: ACP -> Configuration -> Server & Optimisation Settings -> Enable Search Engine Friendly URLs -> Disable it
was the 1st thing I tried, sorry to not mention it. It didn't work.

Edit: I disabled now again and it doesn't work.
Do you have a .htaccess file in your mybb root? If so, rename it to .htaccess.old
right, I forgot that. I need to change to htaccess.html right?
Not sure if it will work but it's worth a try. Try renaming it to .htaccess.old
I don't see how anything except interrupted table optimization would break the database - which could happen if you temporarily lost connection to it.

The best thing you can do is importing another full backup, assuming you were doing backups regularly.
Well, it fixed the blank page error if i'm not mistaken. But the problem still is there, link without showing post number and pid number, and "The specified thread does not exist.".

@Destroy666 the thing is my last backup was weeks/month ago, I will lose a lot and I was trying to avoid that. Can't be fixed my correcting mybb_thread tables mannually?
That's why I said "regularly" - backups should be made to prevent data loss, so if you're data is quickly growing daily, they should also be made daily. Either by using a cron job or the MyBB task.

I'm not sure if any manual corrections can be made without looking at that table first (at least 2-3 rows).
Yea, I know my bad. But I'm pretty sure I didn't lost connection to the database while doing the optimization so its probably going to happen again (?).

Is it ok to give u access on phpMyAdmin so u can take a look and check out if its possible?
Pages: 1 2