MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: html code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my old forum I could add html code so I could for example scrolling text or a midefile in a message I post.
But I cannot find it anywhere in mybb. Is this not possible?

If possible where to find.
ACP -> Manage Forums -> Edit -> Allow HTML -> Yes

This will allow anyone to post html in that forum.
Thanks
can someone help me with this. I have edited the "manage forums" and allowed html but my post still wont work Sad

on some forums it allows "some" to work but since a couple of months ago i cant seem to get it working anymore Sad
Make sure the permissions is set for all of the groups, if indeed you want Html enabled, that way everyone can post Html. Wink

Dr Small
metalcherry Wrote:can someone help me with this. I have edited the "manage forums" and allowed html but my post still wont work Sad

on some forums it allows "some" to work but since a couple of months ago i cant seem to get it working anymore Sad

Please check the inc/settings.php file.. It should chmod 666 before you manage the board settings..
Firewolf Wrote:
metalcherry Wrote:can someone help me with this.  I have edited the "manage forums" and allowed html but my post still wont work Sad

Please check the inc/settings.php file.. It should chmod 666 before you manage the board settings..

666 is readable, not writable ... it must be 777. And that info [Forum : AllowHTML, AllowIMG] isn't stored in your settings.php, its stored in your DB.
LeX- Wrote:666 is readable, not writable ... it must be 777. And that info isn't stored in your settings.php, its stored in your DB.

777 is writable for folders such as 'uploads'.
And 666 is writable for files such as 'config.php'. Smile

On the other hand, 755 is readable for folders, and 644 is readable for files... Smile
Firewolf Wrote:
LeX- Wrote:666 is readable, not writable ... it must be 777. And that info isn't stored in your settings.php, its stored in your DB.

777 is writable for folders such as 'uploads'.
And 666 is writable for files such as 'config.php'.  Smile

On the other hand, 755 is readable for folders, and 644 is readable for files... Smile

And still they recommend 777.
666 is minimum permission yes. 777 is executeable aswell - which isn't needed for files, only for folders.
Pages: 1 2