MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Language (../inc/languages/) is not installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

I installed my MyBB forum and there weren't any Problems so far. But as I wanted to enter the admin panel i got this message:

Language (../inc/languages/) is not installed

And now I don't know to go on.

Sorry my bad English. I'm from Germany.

I hope you can help me!

bye
Chris Wrote:You did not set the permissions on inc/settings.php to 777 or 666 which means it wasnt able to write the settings and that is why you're receiving that message.

Please chmod the file and then run the installer
I'm sure I did it!
make sure inc/config.php and inc/settings.php is set to the write permissions which CHMOD 744 should do the trick fine. Worked for me.
I set the permissions about 10 times and it dont work fine
Did you set the permissions before or after installing MyBB? Also, did you make sure inc/languages did indeeed get uploaded?
1. I uploaed the all
2. I set the persmissons 777 to all files
3. I installed without problems and now this...
Are you able to send me a private message to the url of your inc/settings.php file as a text file (such as copy it to a file called settings.txt and link me to it). If you can't provide the URL (as the forums are local or private) then please email an attached copy of settings.php to support[at]mybboard[dot]com.

Chris.
A user of the german community has the same problem.

Attached you find a screenshot where you can see that the installer wrote something into the files config.php and settings.php. The file config.php is ok but the file settings.php only contains:
PHP Code:
<?php
/*********************************\ 
��DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, PLEASE USE
��THE SETTINGS EDITOR
\*********************************/

?>

Any ideas?
Theres only one reason why this would happen. Before installing, settings.php wasn't CHMOD'd to 777, and hence it couldn't write to it.
Pages: 1 2