MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mods you want in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We all know that the basic package of MyBB is good enough to do almost everything for everyone. But still some people always push for a little more. So tell which mod you would like to see a part of MyBB? Keep in mind this may not have an impact on what Chris thinks, so don't expect your choice making way into MyBB, but this will certainly highlight the mods that are liked the most.

Mine:

1: Who-Visited List on Forum's main page.
2: Recent Threads in Profile.
3: Later Toungue
1) EI. People don't seem to want to create mods for it so it's not that popular. Maybe if it was built into Gold people might think it's useful... of course try and sort out some more of the problems it has with writing certain files.
2) Referrer mod? Useful for people who don't have easy access to stats?

I think CashMod is popular but not a necessary inclusion.
OrderStickies is useful but again, not sure if necessary.

Those are my mods covered. But I think the downloads mod, shoutbox mod, prevent double posting, closed topic prefix, email on PM, spoiler/invisble UBB, disable post button after click.
I think those should be part of myBBGold (and might already be in for my knowledge).
I do not think any mods should be included with mybb. Theres too many features as it is.
It might have too many features but it all depends on what's missing as well. I know a lot of people use the email on PM feature. We/I'll just have to wait to see what Gold does. And if it doesn't have these features, this is what mod creators are here for Smile
decswxaqz Wrote:1) EI. People don't seem to want to create mods for it so it's not that popular. Maybe if it was built into Gold people might think it's useful... of course try and sort out some more of the problems it has with writing certain files.

Yeah I guess EI should be there. But firstly mods should be EI compatible. I don't have any programming knowledge, so could you tell us that EI won't creat any security loophole?

Darren Wrote:I do not think any mods should be included with mybb. Theres too many features as it is.

Your opinion is repected, but than it will require MyBB to stop developing furture for you say: "Theres too many features as it is." I guess room for innovation and improvement never ends.
Well it relies on mybb's admin system to disallow/allow people to use it. It's turned off by default when installed so an admin has to give some access. So if there is a secuirty hole, it's from mybb.
The only other thing is that the mod creator inserts malicious code into his scripts. But then that would happen anyway when someone was installing the mod.
If someone points out a hole, I'll fix it Smile
But this isn't the place to talk about it.
I would like individual user tracking, so an admin could see which pages and threads a specific user viewed.
decswxaqz Wrote:1) EI. People don't seem to want to create mods for it so it's not that popular. Maybe if it was built into Gold people might think it's useful... of course try and sort out some more of the problems it has with writing certain files.
2) Referrer mod? Useful for people who don't have easy access to stats?
My recent mods work with EI. I don't want to update others before Gold is released.

I think Quick Quote should be added. There is already a button included in the package and I don't see why Chris left it out.
Most of the MOD's that are suggested here aren't worth being added as a defualt install. Yes I'd agree with EI to be a part of MyBB, but at the MOD it isn't worth adding it to Gold, but maybe other releases as more MOD's get developed etc.

MyBB is fine as it is. Also some new added features are being introduced into Gold so they may change your mind on what you want. But for now if you want it you install it yourself! If theres too many features bundled into myBB then there may aswell be a fully-modded version.
kodaks Wrote:I would like individual user tracking, so an admin could see which pages and threads a specific user viewed.

That would overload the database on any size board.
Pages: 1 2