MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration error/issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

Problem: new would be users are receiving an SQL error upon the final step of registration.

Registration for our site was working in early January, right after we did the upgrade to 1.8 finally, but sometime after that, anyone trying to register is getting the following error message after inputting all there info and click to complete registration:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1062 - Duplicate entry '' for key 3
Query:
(followed by a bunch of user information stuff)

Not sure what to make of this and hoping someone may be able to shed some light on what to do in order to fix this.

Thanks.
Do you have a link where we could check?
Yes, sorry for not providing that:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/portal.php
I can't register, you've disabled it.

Quote:Sorry, but you cannot register at this time because the administrator has disabled new account registrations.
Ah sorry again, I forgot to turn that back off - we had disabled registration after seeing the message. Please try again.

Oh, and for the security question it asks, the answer is: Biggs
Please run these queries and give me the results:
SHOW KEYS FROM `DBPREFIX_users` WHERE `Non_unique` = 0;

SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM `DATABASE_NAME` LIKE 'DBPREFIX_users';
(I need the Auto_increment value)

Change DBPREFIX to your database prefix. Change DATABASE_NAME to your database name
Thanks for the response, I however am not able to access the database, so if you don't mind putting this thread on ice for about 2 hours and the main site coder of our staff will be able to do what you just asked of me and either him or myself will report right back.
No worries, just respond once you can provide.
Hello, here's the queries results:

[images removed]

Auto-increment value is 2063.

Does "key 3" refers to the 4th field in the failing registering query (loginkey) or to one of the field shown in the first query of this post?

Thanks for the help.
Are you using this plugin? What plugins do you have enabled?

Could you please enable registrations for a few minutes again or provide me with the full error message including the query? I did save it but I deleted it by accident.
Pages: 1 2