MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reset Admin password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
now i have this problem, the password of my superadmin user dont work and the reset dont work too, so i tryed to execute this command in phpadmin

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', salt = '' WHERE user_id = '2';
 and i tryed this command too

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_password = MD5('test'), salt = '' WHERE user_id = '2';

But the word "salt" is not recognized in both cases.

I have another problem too, i cant find the username of superadmin in phpMyAdmin, so how i can find the right user_id if i cant find the username too?

Someone can help me?
you have to edit inc/config.php file that is on your ftp root. change his user id and password.

make sure to backup your config.php 1st.
user_id of super admin is "1" i think
if you still can't find on config.php, read this.
(2016-01-24, 02:07 AM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]you have to edit inc/config.php file that is on your ftp root. change his user id and password.

make sure to backup your config.php 1st.

Excuse me sir, what i must do in the config.php? Tehere is only a userdb and password db, not a user admin to the forum
please check the link on my 2nd post.
(2016-01-24, 02:10 AM)badboy4life91 Wrote: [ -> ]user_id of super admin is "1" i think

If you see the pictures that i have attached, the user_is 1 is "Anonymous"

(2016-01-24, 02:13 AM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]please check the link on my 2nd post.

Okay, thank you, I found the line where it says the ID of the super-admin

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

even if different table in phpMyAdmin. But the problem is that the command does not recognize the word "salt", i receive the error:

#1054 - Unknown column 'salt' in 'field list'

How i can change his password from phpMyAdmin?
We are MyBB, not phpBB.

https://www.phpbb.com/
(2016-01-24, 02:18 AM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]We are MyBB, not phpBB.

https://www.phpbb.com/

I know, is the only the prefix phpBB, the forum is in MyBB!
backup your database 1st and try this:
UPDATE mybb_users SET password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', salt = '' WHERE uid = '1'; 

on uid replace with your id. it should change your password to "test".
Pages: 1 2