MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reset Admin password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You are using a phpBB database.

A MyBB database would not have columns such as user_permissions, user_perm_from or username_clean even if you have merged to MyBB.
(2016-01-24, 02:20 AM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]backup your database 1st and try this:
UPDATE mybb_users SET password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', salt = '' WHERE uid = '1'; 

on uid replace with your id. it should change your password to "test".

Sir, i have tryed already this code, look my first post! And look the pictures where the command is not recognized. SALT is unknow.
(2016-01-24, 02:32 AM)helpmybb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-24, 02:20 AM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]backup your database 1st and try this:
UPDATE mybb_users SET password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', salt = '' WHERE uid = '1'; 

on uid replace with your id. it should change your password to "test".

Sir, i have tryed already this code, look my first post! And look the pictures where the command is not recognized. SALT is unknow.

Salt is unknown because you are not using a MyBB database.
I just saw "phpBB_users" (my bad), but that's why that isn't working...
(2016-01-24, 02:29 AM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]You are using a phpBB database.

A MyBB database would not have columns such as user_permissions, user_perm_from or username_clean even if you have merged to MyBB.

Omg, i use MyBB!

Do you see the line where is write: Powered by MyBB???? Look picture

(2016-01-24, 02:35 AM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]I just saw "phpBB_users" (my bad), but that's why that isn't working...

Is only the prefix that i changed years ago when i installed the forum. You can use the prefix that you want. is MyBB

Any help?

Omg, now is ok....
Your database is not MyBB. You need to merge.

http://www.mybb.com/download/merge-system/
This topic is closed since the OP clearly uses a non-MyBB database and doesn't really let help himself... I guess he chose wrong database at first in phpMyAdmin and then fixed it correctly, but who knows.
Pages: 1 2