MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, I just tried to access my site and I recieved this error.
http://puu.sh/mUCJE/d6cb2a8d0f.png

I'm still very new to mybb, html and php so if I need to fix something please explain it with as little technical terms as possible. 

I did not change anything on the ftp server.
I did not change anything through the admin control panel.

It was working, I stepped out for 15 minutes and when I came back and refreshed I get this.

I've only recently taken over as admin for the site in the last 2 weeks, so it could be an issue of the bill not being paid. But I have no idea, I was told the website fell under our game servers which is not due to be paid for another week. The reason I took over was because one of the old admins decided to leave and take all of the game servers with him causing us massive downtime. I fear he could have also done something through the ftp server.
The password is wrong for the database. Edit inc/config.php and ensure the database details are correct.
(2016-02-03, 08:03 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]The password is wrong for the database. Edit inc/settings.php and ensure the database details are correct.

To be honest, I'm not sure what i'm looking for. I've looked through it and there are 3 things related to passwords and none of them look strange.
what you need to edit is inc/config.php

$config['database']['hostname'] = '';
$config['database']['username'] = '';
$config['database']['password'] = '';

make sure those 3 details are correct.
(2016-02-03, 08:15 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]what you need to edit is inc/config.php

$config['database']['hostname'] = '';
$config['database']['username'] = '';
$config['database']['password'] = '';

make sure those 3 details are correct.

I've gone through and changed them to what they should be but still getting the same error except this time with the correct host and username.
If you're sure then make sure you have given the user privileges go the database.
(2016-02-03, 08:42 PM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]If you're sure then make sure you have given the user privileges go the database.

Where do I find that?
Do you host it yourself or use hosting with cPanel or similar?
you need to see if you are able to login into phpMyAdmin of your database. if you can't, then try to contact your host about this.
(2016-02-03, 08:48 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]you need to see if you are able to login into phpMyAdmin of your database. if you can't, then try to contact your host about this.

You can do this with cPanel and without PMA. There's a section in Databases iirc
Pages: 1 2