MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trouble in upgrade land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello -

Current version running: MyBB 1.6.10   

followed the upgrade to 1.8.6 instructions (or so I thought).  Now I am getting an error when I go to the main webpage.

===============
Warning: require_once(/home/content/80/11014780/html/inc/init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/80/11014780/html/global.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/80/11014780/html/inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/80/11014780/html/global.php on line 18

======================

The /inc folder does not have a init.php in it. 

Line 18 of the global.php is loading mybb (as you know)

Thinking perhaps I had a partial install, I tried to install again.  I get the locked file msg.  I don't see it locked anywhere.  Looked at properties, doesn't appear locked, the folder above it doesn't appear locked either. 

The website is intact. Entering any of the pages directly, including /myforum takes you past that msg and the site is fine.

Please can I get some assistance quickly. I need my website back to loading the index.html page, rather than the error above.  

Thank you.  DKG
what is your forum url ?
(2016-02-13, 03:34 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what is your forum url ?

63lightfoot.com/myforum  - now the database is disconnected.  If you happen where it stores the password to the database, I'll correct it.
~/inc/config.php file consists of database connection settings.

and ensure that all files are uploaded correctly for the upgraded version.
looking -  ok it is now connecting to the database.  Missing all members and rooms created.  Gonna try to restore the myforums folder to get all that back.
^ looks like new version of MyBB is installed instead of upgrading existing forum !
(2016-02-13, 06:55 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ looks like new version of MyBB is installed instead of upgrading existing forum !

sigh - new something went goofy.  I was trying for the upgrade. Followed the upgrade link.
do you have the database backup & earlier version's config.php file ?

upgrading process gives option to select earlier installed version.
if that is not shown then there is something wrong
well will don't have all my members and forums back. Anything I can do there? Got my backup from myforum/admin/backups.
restore the database backup & put its correct details in ~/inc/config.php file

upgrade your forum by visiting forumURL/install/upgrade.php & follow the directions
Pages: 1 2