MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show reCaptcha regardless of failed login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

As the title says I was wondering how I could manage to show the google reCaptcha whether or not they fail login. Meaning when any guest visits the login page it shows the captcha.

Currently I have implemented the reCaptcha successfuly so it shows after 1 failed login, but i want it to show regardless of failed login so they are required to complete captcha even if they don't fail login..

Before you tell me its impossible, I've seen other forums do it..

Thanks for all your support.
In default MyBB admin panel there is no option to control reCaptcha for login.
That should be easily possible through Core MyBB edits or via a plugin which can add reCaptcha on login
Thanks mate, i'll have a look at editing some php on the core.
Admin CP -> Configuration -> Login & Registration Options -> Number of failed logins before verification required
The description says 0 to disable. I've looked at the code and tested: the CAPTCHA won't be shown if set to 0. Setting it to 1 would be your next best thing.

You could also suggest this as a feature for 1.8 and it might get into one of the next releases.

Hi,

I've got a solution for you: Install the Patches plugin (which requires PluginLibrary). Then import & apply the attached Patch. When you change the setting "Number of failed logins before verification required" to -1 your board will always require a CAPTCHA on login. Smile

[attachment=35978]
I am absolutely thrilled and overwhelmed at your response time and support.

Much love

EDIT: I installed patches plugin and it's dependencies, imported and applied the patch and changed the "Number of failed logins before verification required" to -1. Then I went to login page, and the captcha wasn't showing. I am using Google's latest reCaptcha / no captcha set in admin panel. I proceeded to clearing the cache and same result. Tried on another browser, cleared all caches and same result. I can't seem to find the problem. Maybe an error in the patch you attached?

All support appreciated.

My board is hosted on localhost, i am going to buy a domain to publish once it's all configured. I have complied with MyBB's rules, and support requirements meaning all copyright etc. is intact. I am using an old imported IPB database with login convert plugin to convert passwords as it's different UTF to MyBB. This may be issue?
My apologies, I've just tested again and it seems my Patch wasn't fully correct. I've updated it.

If you deactivate, revert and then delete the old Patches and then import the new ones it should work. Smile
I'd never use recaptcha because I'm concerned for user privacy on my site it basically tracks all your actions on the site and sends it back to google in which they do whatever they like with the data.

Once it told me to click all the signs and there were no signs.
(2016-03-29, 12:17 PM)Cammygirl192 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd never use recaptcha because I'm concerned for user privacy on my site it basically tracks all your actions on the site and sends it back to google in which they do whatever they like with the data.

Once it told me to click all the signs and there were no signs.

It can only track your users when it is included on the page. Assuming, of course, that it does track users.

All you would have needed to do there was select the images with signs. If there weren't any signs you can always click "Get a new challenge" to try again.
Thanks,

I removed the old patch, imported the new one and it imported duplicate :// i've made sure i removed the old one so it must a bug in the new version you uploaded

EDIT: It shows the captcha, but if I enter the login credentials and submit it logs in without checking if captcha is correct.

So if i just enter my real login details: it logs in without the captcha even solved.

If i login with fake details: it gives user/pass incorrect info.

Thanks
On my test board it works...

Please make you have all 3 Patches activated & applied (1 for inc\datahandlers\login.php and 2 for member.php).

The following is what I get on my test board, when the user enters:
  • correct login credentials and invalid CAPTCHA: error - invalid CAPTCHA
  • incorrect login credentials and valid CAPTCHA: error - invalid login credentials, CAPCTHA not shown any more just asking for login credentials
  • correct login credentials and valid CAPTCHA: successful login
Pages: 1 2