MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moved to another Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have moved my site over to another web hosting,

I have copied all the files and also added the sql database and all seams to be working, But when I try and login

its saying

You have successfully been logged in.

You will now be taken back to where you came from

then I go back to the login page,

Any ideas what wrong?
Most probably a problem with Misconfiguration or with cookie, you should check this thread by Matt.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-42123.html
Or FAQ
http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login/

Regards
WallBB
thanks for the reply and the links,
But I can not get it to work, I have tried everything that I can find on it, I have even tried making the settings.php read only because the setting keep getting replaced with the old domain settings.
I have never had this much problem before changing host\domain names.

Is the something in the database that needs to be changed when you change domain names?
what is your forum url ? is domain name also changed recently ?
basically settings.php file should be writable.

board url & cookie settings can be first changed in the settings.php file
and then immediately at the Site Details of Configuration (Settings) section
Thanks for the reply .M.

No the domain is old I have had it for a couple years just sitting on the host,

what I have done tonight is delete everything off the new host and uploaded a new copy of mybb and installed that all working not problems then I imported the database, then went to sign into the forum bang back to sign in page again, then I redone the settings.php refreshed and then sign in as normal (worked)

Only problem with that is it has not got all the plugins and settings,,

I'm going to give it another try again from scratch tomorrow.

I'm just lost on why just copying all the files over to the new host and redoing the setting.php and config.php isn't working,,  it just keep changing the setting back,, But I did have a lot of problems getting the forum emails working also, Which sounds like its linked to this problem somehow.
link to email problem http://community.mybb.com/thread-187311.html
Well I have totally started over and copied all the websites files over to the new host changed the settings in settings.php and config.php and its back to how it was at the start,, Saying that "You have successfully been logged in" then boots you back to the login page and the settings in the settings.php has gone back to the old host settings.
I have tried changing this a few times and it always revert back to the old host settings.
(2016-04-06, 08:20 AM)])RAG()N Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have totally started over and copied all the websites files over to the new host changed the settings in settings.php and config.php and its back to how it was at the start,, Saying that "You have successfully been logged in" then boots you back to the login page and the settings in the settings.php has gone back to the old host settings.
I have tried changing this a few times and it always revert back to the old host settings.
Could you try and setup your forums through localhost and see if that works.
I'm not sure what you mean my localhost ?
\ Wrote:)RAG()N' pid='1215550' dateline='1459931785']
I'm not sure what you mean my localhost ?

I mean like xampp to see if you have this issue when you run it like that.
Ok Finally got it working and found where the problem is (this needs to be patched out)

Like I was saying before no matter what you do to the Setting.php file it will not change from your old server host setting and you can't change it from within the admin panel because you can not login to it.

The only way to fix this is to edited your SQL Database,,

1. Export full copy of the SQL Database to your computer 
  2. Then open it with notepad++ (or what ever you use)
  3. Then search for bburl, and change the settings to your new address
  4. Then search for 'cookiedomain' edited the setting for your new cookies
  5. Then search for 'homeurl' and edited it and put your new address in.
  6. Use "Save As" to save the Database with a different name. (so you still have the original database one)
  7. Now Import it to your new database on your new host.
  8. Cross your fingers it should be working as normal now Smile
Hopefully this will help someone else that runs into this very annoying problem,

and hopefully on the next release this is fixed and you can just use the setting.php to do your settings.
Pages: 1 2