MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: my forum suddenly very slow....especially when posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
here are the details that mybb comes up with:

Page Generation Statistics
Page Generation Time: 0.882786989212 seconds No. MySQL Queries: 26
PHP Proccessing Time: 0.1962042 seconds (22.23%) MySQL Processing Time: 0.6865828 seconds (77.77%)
Page Parsing Time: 0.0020580 seconds Global.php Processing Time: 0.0589240 seconds
PHP Version: 4.3.10 Server Load: 0.36
GZip Encoding Status: Enabled

but i counted for myself and every post takes roughly 6 seconds to make.

this happened suddenly as my forum used to be very quick.

any ideas on what might be going on? or is there some sort of cache that needs emptied periodically or something??
More than likely this is just your host having problems right now.
well, unfortunately it's been going on for several weeks.

other sites i have on the same host (i bought a reseller account so i can could run multiple forums and such with different host names) are fine. just this one....

could mysql cause this?
No, because the page load time of MyBB includes both MySQL and PHP processing time.

I'm guessing it is some sort of routing or DNS issue which is only affecting that domain/address. If you can access another method, just do so to see if it runs any faster that way..
Quote:If you can access another method, just do so to see if it runs any faster that way..

not sure what you mean by that? where in the code would i put an i.p. address instead of my hostname anyway?

the forum loads quickly, the threads pull up quickly....it's mostly just posting.
Do you mean the new reply and new thread posting forms are slow to load? This is mostly because of the javascript loaded for the code buttons and smilie inserter.
ok, just started a new post , took 7 seconds to load.

replied to same post, took 17 seconds.

the address bar on my browser just says : waiting for forum.yadayada.com (not my forum name).

Page Generation Statistics
Page Generation Time: 0.71465086937 seconds No. MySQL Queries: 26
PHP Proccessing Time: 0.0830305 seconds (11.62%) MySQL Processing Time: 0.6316204 seconds (88.38%)
Page Parsing Time: 0.0009999 seconds Global.php Processing Time: 0.0573468 seconds
PHP Version: 4.3.10 Server Load: 1.23
GZip Encoding Status: Enabled

seems like the code is only taking a short time to process.....so i'm stumped.

started all of a sudden....and not after any change or anything. really bugging the users of the board.

is there a way i can speed up the javascript or modify it see if that truly is the issue at hand?

i really do appreciate your help...i'm not an expert at this stuff. thanks!!

If the page generation time is ~.714 seconds but it takes 7 or 17 seconds to load that means it is client side. This could be the time it takes the images or the javascript to load, as Chris said. Am I correct in assuming you are on dial up?
heh. nope. 4mb comcast at home and the ibm backbone at work. work is where i posted those times from.

post and reply times are universally bad for my users that span a multitude of networks and network speeds.

and again....we were screaming right along for the longest time. then one day it just started the poor times. very strange.
Hmm... Very interesting. I have "1.5 mb" DSL connection that runs half that if I am lucky and I have never seen a problem on any board regarding the post thread / reply pages. Can you post a URL so I can see if I can figure anything out?
Pages: 1 2 3