MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can not login with PHP 5.2.2 & MySQLi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
no matter what the cookie settings are I am not able to login this happens with all users that have tested this for me before I reported this

seems like that same old MySQLi session.php issue to me
MySQLi + PHP 5.2.2 are my test versions here at home.

I'll have a look later tonight when I get home for you.
ok as I just tested PHP 4.4.7 & MySQLi and not 1 problem so its PHP 5.2.2 conflicting

thanks for looking into this
Both PHP 5.2.2 and MySQL (with Improved extension) are now both running on these forums here and it works fine.

Are you able to provide a link to the forums it is affecting?
i am having this same issue at www.onlineghq.net/forum first i could not logout so i deleted cookies and now i can not log in. This issue was brought to me by another member not being able to login. When we login we get the message that says we have successfully logged in and then we get redirected to the index as normal but are not logged in.\

you can login to test with username: test and password: 123456

mybb version 1.2.7 had same issue with 1.2.6 also php version 5.2.2 and mysqli
Is someone able to send me a private message with their FTP information so I can take a look at this?

Once again - we're using the same versions & configuration here and it isn't happening.

Regards,
Chris
Chris with all due respect that is exactly the responses we got from you and your staff last time a new PHP 5 was released and we had login cookie session issues then bam it was fixed but now its bak
its just a standard install. i havent changed nething so honestly i cant see how having ftp access will help. its a fresh install of 1.2.7.
Quote:Chris with all due respect that is exactly the responses we got from you and your staff last time a new PHP 5 was released and we had login cookie session issues then bam it was fixed but now its bak
I don't know where that post is, but I doubt the issues are related.

The last PHP 5 error we had was due to the shutdown functionality which we patched - and is still patched.

Like I said, I have PHP installations (5.2.2) on (now) 3 servers: my Windows development system, Linux development system and this server here - all running with the MySQL Improved abstraction layer and the problem isn't occurring.

SLTP Wrote:its just a standard install. i havent changed nething so honestly i cant see how having ftp access will help. its a fresh install of 1.2.7.

Because it allows me to add debug information in to the code and as above - we have several installations of 5.2.2 and cannot replicate the problem under any circumstances.
Will,

I've taken a look at SLTP's forums and resolved the issue he was having - a line was missing from inc/functions.php (try uploading a fresh copy to your forums and see if it helps) and his cookie domain/path were set incorrectly.

Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 4