MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database to new mybb forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have downloaded a database & usertables SQL from a different mybb forum and different host I wanna know through phpadmin how do I export that SQL db I downloaded and usertables SQL to my new mybb forum.

Please don't tell me just upload upload in where?
Forgotten if you have downloaded the sql file with all tables and data, you can access to the phpmyadmin of your current hosting, then select your database, click "Import" , select your sql file and press button "go"
Okay there will be other mybb stuff in it tho will the data and user tables be added to my forum.?

Huh? Do I ?
Help please.
If you import the sql file all users and data will be added to your forum
I tried but it gives a error.
Show me errors
The Import of a MyBB database dump in phpMyAdmin requires you to drop all the tables in the current database first. If you don't, you will get a long list of errors. If you do, you will lose everything in your new forum.

Otherwise, if you are happy with editing SQL queries, you can unzip the dump, and try to remove all the CREATE TABLE statements, then zip it up again, but I wouldn't be confident that would work.
If you have an existing MyBB database look at the merge system and then reupload the merged database.
(2016-06-21, 12:47 PM)Paradigm Wrote: [ -> ]If you have an existing MyBB database look at the merge system and then reupload the merged database.

This ^ if you need help merging HMU!