MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just set up MyBB, a few issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I just set up MyBB this morning.  I've noticed a few issues.

1)  Captcha wasn't working from Firefox.  I entered the code, but it kept saying it was invalid.

It finally worked when I did it from Chrome.

2)  I see this message:

There is 1 account awaiting activation. Please go to your ACP to activate the user. Go to the ACP

But there are no more users to activate, I've already activated them.  I thought it could be a caching thing, but I've tried it in different browsers, even in private browsing mode, and that notification is still there.

When I go to the admin CP, I get this message:

The following errors were encountered:
  • No users were found matching the specified search criteria. Please modify your search criteria and try again.
Find users where...

3)  What's the difference between the modcp and the admin cp?  The modcp doesn't seem to go anywhere.

4)  Is there any kind of notification once a new account has been activated, to that user?

After creating the initial admin account, I created one more account.  I then activated it, but never received an email notification to my 2nd account that it was activated.  How would the new person know it was activated?

I'm also not seeing any notifications.

I know I have email notification of PMs checked.

I sent myself a test PM, and don't see a notification.
1] & 2] : might be bugs.
3] obviously MOD CP is panel for the moderators.
run file verification tool from below location. what does it report ?
admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification
ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders

4] admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> System Mail Log
if errors are logged then post latest entry from it

Edit:
activation email for verification of email for registration should be sent.
but notification email after the activation is not sent by MyBB default system.
(2016-06-18, 05:21 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]1] & 2] : might be bugs.
3] obviously MOD CP is panel for the moderators.
run file verification tool from below location. what does it report ?
admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification
ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders

4] admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> System Mail Log

Edit:

Hi,

The reason why I asked about # 3 is because at the time I made my post, when I clicked on MOD CP, when I was logged in as a moderator, nothing happened. I tried several times.

When I tried later that day, it started taking me to the MOD CP.

I just ran the file verification, it says everything is good.

++++++++++++

Congratulations! No corrupt files have been found on your installation.

+++++++++++++++

Also, for # 2, I am no longer getting a false notification that a user still needs to be activated.

(2016-06-18, 05:21 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]4] admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> System Mail Log

Edit:

For # 4, these are the settings I have:

[Image: bfU3YuN.png]

But no one who has registered has gotten an activation email.

I've had to log into the admin console and approve the users.

Also, for your response, is it possible to a notification email after activation?
Can you rebuild your forum cache completely to see if the user false notification is removed or not ?
The false notification was removed later on Saturday.

But I did this anyways. And I learned how/where to rebuild my forum cache, so thanks.

I can use this to troubleshoot issues in the future.

(2016-06-21, 02:30 AM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-18, 05:21 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]4] admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> System Mail Log

Edit:

For # 4, these are the settings I have:

[Image: bfU3YuN.png]

But no one who has registered has gotten an activation email.

I've had to log into the admin console and approve the users.

Also, for your response, is it possible to a notification email after activation?

So I registered as another test user, and I'm still not seeing an activation email.

I would also think that with "Send Email Verification" as an option, then activation would only be done through email, and not through the admin console.

I'm also not getting email notification of PMs, even though that's set too.

It sounds like something might be mis-configured in my mail settings, but I'm not sure what.
(2016-06-21, 03:40 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]check if admin activate email plugin works by using the fix given on its reviews page & changing the plugin compatibility

Thanks for the suggestion.

I installed and activated the plugin after changing its compatibility and by applying the fix.

No email notification after activating the test user.

Side note: When I clicked on the test user, and selected "activate user" from the options button, I got this error:

+++++++++++

public_html/inc/languages/english/admin/adminactivateemail.lang.php does not exist

+++++++++++++

When I activated the user using the "Go" button next to the "Inline User Moderation", that worked. This is how I've activated the other users. I just tried activating from the options button for the first time, right now.
if mail is sent to activated user then
please copy adminactivateemail.lang.php file from english language folder to its subfolder - admin
(2016-06-21, 04:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if mail is sent to activated user then
please copy adminactivateemail.lang.php file from english language folder to its subfolder - admin

I copied that file to the admin subfolder.

I still neither see an email for activation, nor do I see a verification notification email after activation.

Should I try switching from PHP mail to SMTP, or is it something else?
Quote:4] admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> System Mail Log
if any errors are logged then can you post a couple of the latest entries ..
Pages: 1 2