MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySql Error 1054 after doing upgrade 1.2.x. to 1.2.7 ... :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all ...

Did the upgrade of the forum and what was suppose straight forward has resulted in the following error

MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'b.olddisplaygroup' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, b.dateline AS bandate, b.lifted AS banlifted, b.oldgroup AS banoldgroup, b.olddisplaygroup as banolddisplaygroup, b.oldadditionalgroups as banoldadditionalgroups FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_banned b ON (b.uid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='1'

I can still log in to the mybb admin section and it say I successfully updated to the new version from 1.2.2 to 1.2.7 however when I go to view forum it give me the above list error.

All the users and forum tables are still in the back but just not viewable from the front end.

Any help with this problem is most welcomed ... help please ... Smile

The members will be most thankful too ... LOL

Warmly,

Manirus
You sure you selected 1.2.2 in the dropdown list ?
I followed the instructions ...

Version 1.2.x
1. Unzip the release archive to your computer using an archive utility capable of decompressing the download format you chose (Winzip)
2. Using an ftp client (FlashFXP), upload the contents of the 'upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following files:
./inc/config.php
./inc/settings.php
./install/ (directory)
3. Your board should now be updated to this version. Please visit your Admin CP to confirm this.

I did not run the upgrade wizard ...

I simply replaced the files with the exceptions left in place.

Hope that gives you a idea Smile

Manirus
I did not run the upgrade wizard ...

There's your problem =P
ok what do i do to fix it Smile

the instructions said that all other versions other than 1.2.x need to run wizard but the 1.2.x just needed to have file copied up to the ftp. Smile

At least that is how i understood it. Smile

Here is what I read ...

All other versions
1. Unzip the release archive to your computer using an archive utility capable of decompressing the download format you chose (Winzip)
2. Using an ftp client (FlashFXP), upload the contents of the 'upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following files:
./inc/config.php
./inc/settings.php
3. In your browser, visit the URL where you installed your forums, appending /install/upgrade.php on to the end of it.
If you installed your forums to http://www.yoursite.com/forums/, then you would visit http://www.yoursite.com/forums/install/upgrade.php
4. Select the version of MyBB which you were previously running and click 'Next.' Follow the upgrade process through making sure each step is completed successfully before clicking 'Next' to continue with the next steps of the upgrade process.
5. Once the upgrade process has completed, please remove the install directory from your web server and follow any remaining instructions in the upgrade wizard.
Congratulations, your forums should now be running the version of MyBB within this release.

Manirus
lol...run the upgrade script!
K ran the wizard ...

it reverted the template ...

and said the following ...

Upgrade Complete
Congratulations, your copy of MyBB has successfully been updated to 1.2.7.
Your installer has been locked. To unlock the installer please delete the 'lock' file in this directory.
You may now proceed to your upgraded copy of MyBB or its Admin Control Panel.
What's Next?
* Please use the 'Find Updated Templates' tool in the Admin CP to find customised templates updated during this upgrade process. Edit them to contain the changes or revert them to originals.
* Ensure that your board is still fully functional.

The Mybb Admin works but I still get this error ...

MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'b.olddisplaygroup' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, b.dateline AS bandate, b.lifted AS banlifted, b.oldgroup AS banoldgroup, b.olddisplaygroup as banolddisplaygroup, b.oldadditionalgroups as banoldadditionalgroups FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_banned b ON (b.uid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='3'

So now what ... any help with this will be most appreciated. Smile

Manirus
I can see the front end of the forum ...

but can not log in as I get MySQL error: 1054

See forum here

Any help with this issue would be very welcomed ...

Manirus
run upgrade script.
I ran the upgrade script and still get the error ... I can go in the admin and can view the site and browse the forum but as soon as I go to login as a user I get the error listed above. Sad

I am at a loss as to why this is happening ... is there some code in some php file that can be edited by hand to get by this error?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3