MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Duplicate post setting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2016-07-02, 06:55 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yes, I hadn't noticed that. Odd that that isn't configurable.

Make sure you make a note that you've changed it too, so if this file ever changes in a future update you can make your change again.

I don't now if this is related, but since yesterday, when submitting a post, I'm getting the spinning icon for 8 - 15 seconds before a post is submitted.

If it's related, I would think commenting out a SQL block would make it faster, not slower.

Could the size of my logo at the top of the page, have anything to do with this? I've put in a larger logo image since yesterday.

I added the duplicate post check back in, but changed it to 30 seconds, instead of 600 seconds.

Will monitor the performance for the next day.
I changed the duplicate post check from 30 to 120 seconds, but it's still been taking some time to submit a post, since Saturday afternoon.

I never had this issue at all the prior 2 weeks.
Can't see how that would have any effect, it's not going to be doing anything any more intensive than it was before. Can we have a test account to try it out?
(2016-07-05, 12:14 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see how that would have any effect, it's not going to be doing anything any more intensive than it was before. Can we have a test account to try it out?

I PMed you the test account credentials.

Thanks.
Hm, I'm noticing massive load times on every page, even before I try and post anything. What do the debug stats say at the bottom of your forum? Should look something like this:

Generated in 188 ms (24.52% PHP / 75.48% MySQL) 
SQL Queries: 37 / Server Load: 1.06 / Memory Usage: 4 MB
Generated in 112 ms (74.61% PHP / 25.39% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 30 / Server Load: 1.01 / Memory Usage: 5.75 MB

After submitting a post from quick reply:

Generated in 89 ms (65.40% PHP / 34.60% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 30 / Server Load: 0.87 / Memory Usage: 5.25 MB

After deleting a post:

Generated in 144 ms (70.32% PHP / 29.68% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 30 / Server Load: 1.02 / Memory Usage: 5.75 MB

I don't remember if it got slower for loading pages recently. Or if it was always like this.

Since I've only had the forum up for 2.5 weeks.

It's just the submitting a post is more noticeable, because that used to happen right away.

One user did say it's slower too. He mostly goes to the forum from his phone. I only use it from the web.

I did install Tapatalk on 6/29, so maybe that has something to do with it. But I've only noticed the slowness since Saturday, 7/2.
(2016-07-06, 05:50 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, I'm noticing massive load times on every page, even before I try and post anything. What do the debug stats say at the bottom of your forum? Should look something like this:

Generated in 188 ms (24.52% PHP / 75.48% MySQL) 
SQL Queries: 37 / Server Load: 1.06 / Memory Usage: 4 MB

So what do you think of the times I posted in post # 16? Does the ratio of PHP to MySQL seem ok?

What about the server load and memory usage?

For what it's worth, loading pages was faster for about 30 minutes, 1 hour ago. Submitting still took longer than it should.
Not forgotten about this, will try and come back to it some time this evening.
(2016-07-09, 03:12 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Not forgotten about this, will try and come back to it some time this evening.

Whenever you get a chance, please, thanks.

Also, from the data I presented above, is my PHP to SQL ratio times good?  On one hand, I think it's better to have a less SQL ratio time.  But, if that's what's causing the slowness (too much PHP time), then I don't want that either.  

It just seems that the first 2 weeks I had the forum, submitting was faster.  Maybe not loading, but submitting was.  And the slow submission times only seem to happen with the quick editor, not the full editor.

I'm not sure what is normal, so perhaps you can provide some insight.  Just considering that I have a paid host, I'd like it to be reasonably decent.  This is only my 4th week having the forum (created it on 6/18).
(2016-07-02, 09:22 AM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]./newreply.php:371

error($lang->error_post_already_submitted);

Comment this out and it won't error (can comment the whole block out too if you want to save running the query.

Thanks for your help. Smile It solved the problem of duplicate post.
Pages: 1 2 3