MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Duplicate post setting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2016-07-15, 01:11 AM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-09, 03:12 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Not forgotten about this, will try and come back to it some time this evening.

Whenever you get a chance, please, thanks.

Also, from the data I presented above, is my PHP to SQL ratio times good?  On one hand, I think it's better to have a less SQL ratio time.  But, if that's what's causing the slowness (too much PHP time), then I don't want that either.  

It just seems that the first 2 weeks I had the forum, submitting was faster.  Maybe not loading, but submitting was.  And the slow submission times only seem to happen with the quick editor, not the full editor.

I'm not sure what is normal, so perhaps you can provide some insight.  Just considering that I have a paid host, I'd like it to be reasonably decent.  This is only my 4th week having the forum (created it on 6/18).

Yeah the times are fine, the ratios aren't so much of an issue as the generation time is nice and low; 188ms is fine, is that were nearer to a second they'd mean more but the ratio is about the same on the forums here.

Just went to the site again and was sat for a good 10-15 seconds before I got anything. This is what Chrome is reporting for using quick reply:

[attachment=36549]

11 seconds is mental, either the server has some sort of network issue, or the code is doing something very slow and intensive here. Try just going to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > Disable All Plugins > set this to Yes, is it quicker then?
(2016-07-15, 11:45 AM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-15, 01:11 AM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-09, 03:12 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Not forgotten about this, will try and come back to it some time this evening.

Whenever you get a chance, please, thanks.

Also, from the data I presented above, is my PHP to SQL ratio times good?  On one hand, I think it's better to have a less SQL ratio time.  But, if that's what's causing the slowness (too much PHP time), then I don't want that either.  

It just seems that the first 2 weeks I had the forum, submitting was faster.  Maybe not loading, but submitting was.  And the slow submission times only seem to happen with the quick editor, not the full editor.

I'm not sure what is normal, so perhaps you can provide some insight.  Just considering that I have a paid host, I'd like it to be reasonably decent.  This is only my 4th week having the forum (created it on 6/18).

Yeah the times are fine, the ratios aren't so much of an issue as the generation time is nice and low; 188ms is fine, is that were nearer to a second they'd mean more but the ratio is about the same on the forums here.

Just went to the site again and was sat for a good 10-15 seconds before I got anything. This is what Chrome is reporting for using quick reply:

11 seconds is mental, either the server has some sort of network issue, or the code is doing something very slow and intensive here. Try just going to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > Disable All Plugins > set this to Yes, is it quicker then?

I disabled all plugins, and things were fast.

Submitting was in about a second from the quick editor.  Full editor times were good too.

I then enabled all plugins, and things were still pretty fast, 1 - 2 seconds

How do I use Chrome to view those stats which you captured?

Will continue to monitor this, but what do you think happened with disabling and enabling plugins that made it fast?  I don't feel completely satisfied if the problem went away on its own.  Because it could come back.

The two causes which you suggested, either a network issue, or code issue, seemed better, because at least it was something specific that could hopefully be traced and solved.

I guess it could have been a caching issue, but over the past few weeks, I've cleared both my browser cache, and various DB caches using the cache manager, so many times.  And it never helped.
Hm, would make sense that disabling them had an effect but if it's still quicker after enabling them again that's pretty strange.

In Chrome, if you right click and choose Inspect Element, choose the Network tab, and select 'XHR' just underneath, you'll be able to monitor all the AJAX requests being made (change to Doc to view for the main page being loaded). If you click one of the requests that comes up, you can view the timings.
(2016-07-16, 01:39 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, would make sense that disabling them had an effect but if it's still quicker after enabling them again that's pretty strange.

In Chrome, if you right click and choose Inspect Element, choose the Network tab, and select 'XHR' just underneath, you'll be able to monitor all the AJAX requests being made (change to Doc to view for the main page being loaded). If you click one of the requests that comes up, you can view the timings.

Thanks.  What does XHR stand for?

Also, it started to occasionally get slow again, as of Sunday.  Not all the time like it was the previous 2 weeks.  But maybe 30-40% of the time, a post submission would be slow.

I used the inspect element while submitting yesterday, and one of the timings was 18 seconds of waiting.

There were several others that were 2 - 4 seconds of waiting. (Which is acceptable, just pointing out that there were decent wait times too).

Will keep monitoring it this week.
It stands for XMLHttpRequest, also called AJAX calls which is basically using javascript to send requests to the server without reloading the page (i.e. how quick reply works as one example).

Who is your host? Thought I'd asked already but don't think I have.
(2016-07-18, 06:17 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]It stands for XMLHttpRequest, also called AJAX calls which is basically using javascript to send requests to the server without reloading the page (i.e. how quick reply works as one example).

Who is your host? Thought I'd asked already but don't think I have.

Thanks.

My host is TMD Hosting.

Part of the reasons I chose them were because of unlimited storage space, and they said they had no limit on the max number of sql connections (which some other hosts have).

I am thinking it could still be a code issue that is making it slower, when all of the plugins are enabled.  It's just it doesn't happen right away, but over time (days).  But that's just a guess.

I am less likely to think it's a network issue, since disabling all plugins made it instantly fast.

So I guess this is still an open issue for now, it's just not as bad as it was the first 2 weeks of this month.  And the slow submissions aren't as frequent, but still there once in a while.

I mean, if the connection setup times seem good, and it's just "waiting", then that doesn't seem like a network or host issue, right?
Pages: 1 2 3