MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

I've just joined the board today have been looking at MyBB for months now. I've downloaded it and installed. I am very pleased with it. Well done to all who have worked on it.

I would just like to ask a few questions before I use it for a website I am doing soon.

1. Is the software stable enough to use in a working enviroment?

2. Is work still being done on the software. I've not seen very many announcements recently on where the software is at. It's probably me just rushing to find out. I'd just like it to be confirmed Smile

Thanks for your time

Matthew
Quote:1. Is the software stable enough to use in a working enviroment?

Yes, I'd say it is a very stable software. You can tell this as there has only been 3 or so brief secruity updates released (find these in teh announcements). And there hasn't been any reports about "My Forum has been hacked" or anything in that category.

Quote:2. Is work still being done on the software. I've not seen very many announcements recently on where the software is at. It's probably me just rushing to find out. I'd just like it to be confirmed

Work is underway for a new release of MyBB called MyBB "Gold". YOu find a thread about MyBB Gold in the Chat forum, The thread is called "Mmmm... MyBB Gold".
Hi thanks for your reply.

I've checked out those threads. Looking very good! I'm going to setup a test site for it I think.

Cheers,

Matthew