MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyDropzone – Drag and drop AJAX attachments with Imgur support for images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
MyDropzone – Drag and drop AJAX attachments with Imgur support for images

MyDropzone replaces MyBB's attachments functionality with a drag and drop solution, using AJAX and a seamless interface. Images can be routed through Imgur and included in your posts automatically as you upload them.

PRICE
Free from 16 Feb 2021 - Download https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1437

[Image: PYH1X8u.gif]
I'm waiting for it @Shade Smile
A nice idea would also be allowing users to drag and drop images with are then uploaded to an external website via API for image servers like Imgur. Also make it auto paste in the img bbcode.
That would fit for a separate plugin. This aims to replace the built in attachments system. I will think about it though.
This looks like a really nice add on.
Just wanted to know, how much load will it add on the server or will it improve?
As i see it is AJAX based, it should be really fast but just want to know from your side.
I will launch the UI for my site in a couple of weeks, MyDropzone will be available in a closed beta test there so you will see by yourself how fast it looks. I'm on optic fiber so I have a really fast connection and it feels really quick even for larger files (10 MB+), however I do realize you may experience it in a different way. I can only say that it uses AJAX, whilst the page does not need to refresh once the upload has finished so it surely will look and feel faster than the usual approach.

So far the upload and removal of files both work fine. Existing files are loaded into Dropzone just fine, but error handling is missing though. I'm going to be offline for a week but I'm confident I will finish this one relatively fast.
(2016-07-09, 04:33 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]I will launch the UI for my site in a couple of weeks, MyDropzone will be available in a closed beta test there so you will see by yourself how fast it looks. I'm on optic fiber so I have a really fast connection and it feels really quick even for larger files (10 MB+), however I do realize you may experience it in a different way. I can only say that it uses AJAX, whilst the page does not need to refresh once the upload has finished so it surely will look and feel faster than the usual approach.

So far the upload and removal of files both work fine. Existing files are loaded into Dropzone just fine, but error handling is missing though. I'm going to be offline for a week but I'm confident I will finish this one relatively fast.
Sounds good, will wait for the release to see it live.
Looks fantastic.
Thank you @Omar! It turns out to be more powerful than I thought at the beginning; here's a quick gif update:

[Image: MmtQsv8.gif]

Now, the plugin supports:
  • thumbnails for existing files;
  • attachments quota live update;
  • error messages.

Note that this is a live test. What is labeled with a check mark has been actually uploaded successfully (as you can see, I did a page refresh and images were still there!); anything else is not. Also, removing attachments is as easy and fast as uploading them, if not faster (you don't have to wait for the file to be uploaded).
So glad to see this! I wanted to do this a long time ago but didn't have enough plugin development knowledge to make it happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4