MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Firefox wanting to download files like editpost.php, etc....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A few times, I've had pages such as editpost.php asking me to download them, instead of parsing it like normal. It might be due a cache issue, but I recently upgraded to v1.2.7, so I was thinking it might have been due to that.

If this is a reported bug + has a bugfix, just direct me towards it. Smile
this is a server issue I have this happen what it is generally is when your server's APACHE software is DOWN
Hehe, I'm having the same problem. Index does that, forumdisplay, just about everything. I figured it was my internet. Maybe it's the server, probably.
It's the server. When the server overloads it doesn't know what to do so it just defaults to throwing you the page instead of giving you a 404 or 403 unavailable
Will78 Wrote:this is a server issue I have this happen what it is generally is when your server's APACHE software is DOWN

Normally this happens when Apache isn't parsing PHP for a variety of reasons. If Apache was down the domain doesn't resolve a page at all to serve. Typically it's when a host updates software on their system and don't rebuild or compile a new php executable. If you recompile apache you need to recompile php as well...I run some php eaccelerator and if I update php I have to update the eaccelerator too. Some hosts are either slow or stupid and mess this all up.

Good luck on your problem but if it continues contact the host asap and see if you can find log files. Downloading your php files is VERY dangerous as someone can get your config files and steal your database.
I downloaded mine, but it was blank. So how could they get anything in the config files if they're blank?
It depends...if your php is parsing as txt. It's just possible.
From what I've seen the PHP processor just throws it as a blank page or sends the actual html output of the script as a download (sometimes related to timeouts)
That's not that good if the server throws you a page. Some people might have included a db password in a index.php and yeah if it then throws the page... Toungue

I never had empty files downloaded, always complete ones if I have those problems.
This happens to me every once in awhile. I've always just ignored it and reloaded the page, but it's good to finally know why it's happening! Smile
Pages: 1 2