MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Permissions Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I accidently deleted my root admin sometime ago, and although I can still access admin area parts of it have the usual .

Quote:Access Denied
You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.

Now I have read just about every thread on here relating to that problem.

I have changed my config file to place me as the super admin with no effect. I have changed the adminoption tables and again no effect.

I am at wits end with this and am wondering if this would fix the problem.

Could I do a fresh install of the script, then do an SQL dump restoring the board to what it was.

I am willing to try anything and have spent last two days trying everything I could find on the board so any help would be nice.

Thanks, jason.
Can you run this SQL code in phpMyAdmin?
UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET caneditaperms='yes' WHERE uid='YOUR_USER_ID'
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)

YOUR_USER_ID should be replaced with your user ID which can be found when you hover your mouse over your name beside one of your posts (on your forum of course) which will show something like: http://e.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=<ID>

After running that SQL code, you should be able to edit your own Admin Permissions in the ACP to enable all the other permissions to your user.
DennisTT Wrote:Can you run this SQL code in phpMyAdmin?
UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET caneditaperms='yes' WHERE uid='YOUR_USER_ID'
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)

YOUR_USER_ID should be replaced with your user ID which can be found when you hover your mouse over your name beside one of your posts (on your forum of course) which will show something like: http://e.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=<ID>

After running that SQL code, you should be able to edit your own Admin Permissions in the ACP to enable all the other permissions to your user.

Hi mate, I have already tried running this but again it doesn't change anything.

Just one thing on that, I am starting to wonder if the tables are not correct see below.

After running sql query.
Quote:Affected rows: 0 (Query took 0.0211 sec)SQL query:UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET caneditaperms = 'yes' WHERE uid = '164'

That look right to you mate?

thanks.
Ok can you confirm that you are still getting "Access Denied" error when you try to go into Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Admin Permissions
It looks like your account was never added to the adminoptions table - I suggest having an admin change your usergroup to normal and then back to admin
DennisTT Wrote:Ok can you confirm that you are still getting "Access Denied" error when you try to go into Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Admin Permissions

I can confirm this 100%

Tikitiki Wrote:It looks like your account was never added to the adminoptions table - I suggest having an admin change your usergroup to normal and then back to admin

My current account is an admin account, however as stated I am still unable to access certain parts of the admin area. I have already tried using my other users admin accounts and still no change.

Thanks.
Tikitiki Wrote:It looks like your account was never added to the adminoptions table - I suggest having an admin change your usergroup to normal and then back to admin

INSERT INTO `mybb_adminoptions` (`uid`, `cpstyle`, `notes`, `permsset`, `caneditsettings`, `caneditann`, `caneditforums`, `canmodposts`, `caneditsmilies`, `caneditpicons`, `caneditthemes`, `canedittemps`, `caneditusers`, `caneditpfields`, `caneditugroups`, `caneditaperms`, `caneditutitles`, `caneditattach`, `canedithelp`, `caneditlangs`, `canrunmaint`, `canrundbtools`) VALUES 
(164, '', '', 1, 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes');

DennisTT Wrote:

INSERT INTO `mybb_adminoptions` (`uid`, `cpstyle`, `notes`, `permsset`, `caneditsettings`, `caneditann`, `caneditforums`, `canmodposts`, `caneditsmilies`, `caneditpicons`, `caneditthemes`, `canedittemps`, `caneditusers`, `caneditpfields`, `caneditugroups`, `caneditaperms`, `caneditutitles`, `caneditattach`, `canedithelp`, `caneditlangs`, `canrunmaint`, `canrundbtools`) VALUES 
(164, '', '', 1, 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes');

That worked a treat mate, many many thanks for your help on this one I was just about to give up.

Again thanks.
You should also do what I said in my above post for your other admins too; They're likely affected.
Tikitiki Wrote:You should also do what I said in my above post for your other admins too; They're likely affected.

Ya I was actually just thinking about that.

Will fix it now, and thank you kindly for your help.
Pages: 1 2 3